The Simply Luxurious Life®: European Inspired Decor  

April 6, 2010

European Inspired Decor

Finally, the big reveal of my fireplace.  Before my photo, however, I have included a handful of images that display fireplaces found in homes in Europe that are, or once were,  on the market.  Airspace photography's beautiful images do justice to what I'm sure are dream-like places to live.  I can imagine myself in each of these homes, shopping for the decor, filling the space with warmth and my personality, and enjoying every moment spent there.  Oh what fun!  Out of curiosity, how would you decorate a room whose focal point was the fireplace?  Can't wait to hear your ideas!  Have a fantastic day and enjoy the photos.








After cleaning out the remnants of my winter fires (ashes, remaining burnt logs, etc), I now have a fireplace ready for the warmer months.  I haven't yet decided on how to decorate, so I'm still playing with ideas.  I appreciated all of the suggestions made on my previous post regarding fireplaces, however, and am keeping them all in mind, believe me. If anyone has any more ideas, I would love to hear them. Oh, and any thoughts for changing things up on the mantle; it's so narrow, but I'm sure there are a multitude of things that can be done.  If you have any ideas to share, I'm all ears!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At April 6, 2010 at 7:21 AM , Blogger Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

How beautiful! I love fireplaces with character.

 
At April 6, 2010 at 2:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a gorgeous fireplace. I love the style of it!

http://www.margaritareczek.com

 
At April 6, 2010 at 7:19 PM , Blogger Matt and Elsa Nelson said...

Time out.....that last photo is YOUR fireplace?!! LOOKS AMAZING!! I seriously thought it was from a magazine or some designer's website! SHANNON!! You rock! It looks amazing! Well done, my friend. :-)

 
At April 7, 2010 at 9:42 AM , Blogger Amy Thomas said...

Is there anything better than white-washed floors? They make me want to roll around in happiness...

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home