The Simply Luxurious Life®: Thankful for the Crowning  

April 5, 2010

Thankful for the Crowning

What a treat I discovered when I came home on Friday to find Kelly of Out of Colorado  had surprised me by “crowning me a socialite”.   Kelly, thank you so much. This truly made me smile.  While I'm not sure I fit the actual definition of a socialite, I'll more than gladly share a bit about myself and pass on the honor.





1. Who is your style icon?   Audrey Hepburn, Sarah Jessica Parker
(more I'm sure, but my mind is running a blank!)
 
2.  What is your favorite socialite lit book? The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

3. Favorite party theme?  anything that involves wine, fabulous conversation, and scrumptious food - oh, and a bit of jazz playing in the background

4. Go to Halloween costume?  a flapper (a bit of a 20's theme going on I see)

5. Extravagance you cannot live without? haircut and color every six weeks (more of a necessity), bubble baths, tea, shopping trips to Portland 

6. Living person you admire? my mother

7. Greatest Fear?  not living up to my given potential

8. Trait you deplore in yourself?  self-doubt

9. Which talent would you most like to have? ability to learn a foreign language with ease (French preferably) - is that even a talent?

10. Greatest Achievement?  Finding contentment in my life and realizing my passion (writing).

I would like to pass this crown onto: 
       

Just remember to:

1. Copy and paste the label
2. Add your answers to the questions
3. Pass on (be sure to email those bloggers you have chosen and let them know they've been crowned)  

Here's to a fabulous Monday and hoping your day is moving along quite swimmingly! Cheers!

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At April 5, 2010 at 11:43 PM , Blogger caitlinmarie said...

I would have answered so many the same! Especially Gatsby, one of my all time favorite any-type-of-lit books, and the flapper costume. After painstakingly sewing (and glue-gunning) rows and rows of fringe onto a black dress two Halloweens ago, I'm never giving that costume up!
xo, Caitlin

 
At April 6, 2010 at 4:24 PM , Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

Oh, how lovely! Love your answers, also...

xo

 
At April 8, 2010 at 7:33 AM , Anonymous Connie @ Sogni e Sorrisi said...

That you so much!!!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home