The Simply Luxurious Life®: Guilty Pleasures  

March 5, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

We all have them.  Some of them we don’t want to admit to, but the truth is we all have guilty little pleasures we allow ourselves to indulge in time after time.  One of mine, I am somewhat embarrassed to say, is Bravo’s original housewives - The Real Housewives of New York City. I have been patiently waiting for the third season to arrive, and thank goodness the wait is over; my craving has been filled (at least for this week).   This show is most certainly a guilty pleasure.  Reality shows don’t usually do anything for me, but for some reason, I’m enthralled with Bethenny, Kelly, Jill, Ramona, LuAnn, and Alex and have been for the last two seasons. 

Since I am on the topic of guilty pleasures, I decided to come clean and list a few more of my dirty little secrets that I can’t help partaking in every once and awhile. Now that I’ve proceeded to get the ball rolling, I can’t wait to hear some of yours!

This photo is a little deceiving since everyone appears to be happy, but I thought I’d include it because it is such a rare moment with the entire NYC Housewives cast.

A much more accurate depiction of any given weekly episode.

A little bit of a cliché, but there is a reason why people love chocolate chip cookies – such a comfort food.  The buttery, gooey chocolate, melt-in-your-mouth  yuminess.

Making a night of it.  Dinner and a movie – including the bucket of popcorn.

After all, it is Friday and by the time I get off work, it will be happy hour, anybody interested in joining me? 

Going to a bookstore and getting lost for hours.  I simply love picking out my dream list of books, finding a cozy chair somewhere in a hidden corner and reading until I get sleepy.  At that point, if I have found a book I just can’t leave the store without – it’s mine. 

Making the decision not to work out.  I always feel tremendously guilty, but once or twice a week I allow myself to kick off my heels after work and slip into something cozy instead of my workout attire. 

To all of my readers, have a lovely weekend.  May it be filled with at least one guilty pleasure (or two).  Cheers!

Images: (1) Bravo (2) B Side blog (3) Soda Shop (5) Renaissance Salon (6) Lisa Gold Research (7) Photo Bucket

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At March 5, 2010 at 8:37 AM , Anonymous splendid market said...

An afternoon nap is my favorite "guilty pleasure". It refreshes me for the duration of the day.

Have a nice weekend!

 
At March 5, 2010 at 12:54 PM , Blogger Emily said...

My favorite guilty pleasure would have to be watching one of my favorite tv shows in bed while eating chips and queso (yes, in bed). I've perfected my technique so I almost never spill. :)

 
At March 5, 2010 at 8:15 PM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Splendid Market - oh a nap, now that is something that is truly a treat. Great idea!

Emily - thank you for your honesty - for me it would be cookies in bed, but same concept! =)

 
At May 16, 2010 at 12:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Afternoon nap - I'm guilty. I have to work, but sometimes I just can't fight myself and fell into my soft, beloved pillow.
Another guilty pleasure of mine is chocolate. In Germany I have a special one called "Kinderschokolade" (Chocolate for Children) and here in Brazil I found one very good called Bis. Heaven, but after I feel so guilty, because most of times I have to hole package. I can't stop myself! Oh and another thing I over consume is Coke Zero. So unhealthy, but so tasty! ^^ Oh, and Caipirinha... I have to stop no. It seems like I have to much guilty pleasures!

xoxo Sandra

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home