The Simply Luxurious Life®: Precious Minutes  

February 9, 2010

Precious Minutes

Organization, I am convinced, is the one surefire way to add minutes to anybody’s day.  This is one of the few things we have control over while so many other aspects of our day seem to be out of our hands.

I appreciate any morning where I can go through my “routine” with ease knowing that my clothes are washed and ironed, any wardrobe item is at the ready, and my fridge is filled with food to make a scrumptious get up and go breakfast.

The one thing I’ve noticed that has slowed me down one too many times is trying to find the right accessory to go with my chosen outfit.  Now, when I say find, I mean I know exactly what I want, I just can’t find it.  For the past five years I have kept my costume jewelry in a woven tray and simply, or haphazardly, tossed my jewelry into this designated spot.  It hasn’t worked out all that wonderfully, as I have been realizing for quite some time now.

Finally, after many years of realizing my dilemma, I took action – I purchased an organizer.  The Container Store is a dangerous store.  I could have easily lollygagged up and down the aisles for much too long, but I reminded myself of my mission – to organize my beloved jewelry.

To cut to the chase, the mission was accomplished and the finished product looks similar to the first picture below.  Now hopefully I will be gaining back a few minutes of my day. Farther down you will also find a few other organizers that might just work for you. Out of curiosity, and because it seems most of us are trying to find more time, in what ways have you been successful in creating more time in your day?

This canvas 80-pocket hanging jewelry organizer can be found at  The Container Store as well as in my closet.


Beautiful jewelry can be used as wall art.


Or one can stray away from an official organizer and use a vanity.

The Domestic Wannabe displays a creative jewelry organizer made out of an old frame and radiator grill.


Use a unique artistic organizer.


Use an old frame, attach a cork board covered in fabric and you’ve created your own piece of art.

Images: (1) Apartment Therapy (2) Alkemie (4) Oh Dee Doh (5) Tip Junkie

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At February 9, 2010 at 7:04 AM , Blogger Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

I admire people who are uber organized!

 
At February 9, 2010 at 7:20 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Sogni e Sorrisi - So good to hear from you. I must admit, I attempt to be organized, sometimes I am successful, sometimes not so much, but I must celebrate the successes, right?

 
At February 9, 2010 at 1:36 PM , Blogger Pauline Wiles said...

You're right, the Container Store is a highly dangerous place to be.
I have my 'jewels' (!) pinned on a bulletin board in my closet.

 
At February 9, 2010 at 3:56 PM , Blogger Slices of Beauty... said...

Lovely post, being organised could add days even to one's year!

 
At February 9, 2010 at 8:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've seriously been on the look out for new ways to organize my jewelry and this is such great inspiration! i have mine on a few plastic hooks in my closet and strewn about in a drawer but these are such great ideas! will definitely be checking out the container store for supplies...

 
At February 10, 2010 at 12:45 AM , Blogger janelle said...

Container stores are dangerous for me too;). I LOVE all the great ideas of reuse/recycle (radiator grates? A girl after my own heart)!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home