The Simply Luxurious Life®: Weekly Cups of Tea (2/1-2/7)  

February 7, 2010

Weekly Cups of Tea (2/1-2/7)

The blogosphere is full of a plethora of gifted writers, but for me, at the end of a busy work day, I find comfort in viewing blogs that lighten my day, make me smile, inspire me to improve myself and at the same time make me believe I can indeed do it.  I have a long list of favorite blogs, but this week the five you will see listed below each had a post that stuck with me for one reason or another.  Simply click on the header and it will take you to the post that I enjoyed. Have a wonderful day.


Leigh from BraBourne Farm conjured up even more of a desire to find a cozy spot in my house, grab a book or a magazine and settle in for a great deal of leisure with her post of luxurious lounge chairs.  Click on the header above to see more relaxing rooms and the chairs they wrap themselves around.




It is always intriguing to me to discover how artists garner inspiration for their craft. Earlier this week Crystal from Plush Palate shared with her readers that cafes revved up her creative juices. For even more inspiring photos, click above on the header.





Every once in awhile we all find ourselves in the need to be cheered up. The Happiness Project’s Gretchen Rubin found a list from two centuries ago that shares nineteen simple ways to cheer oneself up.  Hopefully you are not in need of any of these pieces of advice at the moment, after all, it is Sunday, but why not jot down a few that grab your attention.  View it as being on the offensive.


Rachel Zoe recently posted her list of twenty wardrobe essentials. Click on the header above for a visual list of what you must-have for you wardrobe.  After all, it’s still the weekend, anybody for a little shopping?
 

The ladies over at Big Girls, Small Kitchens came up with what looks to be a delicious variation on one of my favorite dishes – spaghetti ala carbonara.  This particular dish is one that is engrained in my memory.  My mom would make this on special occasions, and I swear I can still taste the rich creamy flavor just thinking about it.  Nowadays, I don’t allow myself to make this dish that often, but when I do, I savor it.  Check out the recipe for Dinner for One; Carbonara Two Ways, add a glass of a crisp oaky Chardonnay and you’ll have a very delicious meal I have a feeling.



Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At February 8, 2010 at 9:33 AM , Blogger Pauline Wiles said...

I'm spoiled for choice which to read first: Carbonara or wardrobe essentials!
Thanks for the links!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 11:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for the Big Girls Small Kitchens tip--I need to read this blog as this sums up my kitchen perfectly!

xo Mary Jo

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home