The Simply Luxurious Life®: Celebrate!  

February 4, 2010

Celebrate!



Friday has arrived and with it hopefully a feeling of contentment as we reflect back on all that was accomplished. Whether it be  having worked out almost as much as we had planned on (and if this amount was exceeded, a HUGE high five is more than well-deserved!) or having wrapped up the latest project or completed a task before the deadline, or maybe some of us were finally able to get caught up enough so that we didn’t feel guilty for taking some time to enjoy ourselves with friends/co-workers outside of the office, or maybe we were simply able to, at last, carve out some time to take a moment for ourselves.  Whatever your success was this week, congratulate yourself. 

No matter how big or small the victory, we too often are overly critical of what we could have done better, when what we need to do  is appreciate what was done well, and I know we all did that this week, even if we have to take a good, close look.

Often times though, despite how successful the week may have been, I find myself needing to take Friday down a notch and save up my energy for going out on Saturday. 

One of my favorite cookie recipes to enjoy with a cold glass of milk (an overused cliche, I know!) on a cuddly Friday night  when I’m low on energy, but feel a little sweet tooth coming on is a recipe I found in a magazine too many years ago.  Five ingredients and twenty minutes later, you have what I like to compare to a Reese’s pieces cookie.  Delicious . . . seriously lovely to the tastebuds.  And the good news is that it only makes twelve cookies ,and it doesn’t require you to lug out the Kitchen-Aid mixer.

Ingredients:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together:
*1 cup brown sugar
*1 cup Adams Crunchy peanut butter
*1 tsp baking soda
*1 egg


Then add:
*1/2 cup Ghirardelli’s milk chocolate chips


Mix together, then place on a cookie sheet and bake for 9 minutes. Upon removing them from the oven, they won’t look done.  Trust me, they are!  Let them cool for about 15-20 minutes and then bite into the most delicious, moist, decadent cookies you ever whipped up in twenty minutes!


Here’s to what I hope you all can say on Monday was a fabulous weekend!  Cheers!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At February 5, 2010 at 6:36 AM , Blogger Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Looks delicious! Happy Firday!

 
At February 5, 2010 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

ohh I need to try this recipe! Sounds delicious! hope you have a fantastic Friday! and a fun weekend!!

 
At February 5, 2010 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Pauline Wiles said...

Happy Friday! What a wonderful smurf picture!

 
At February 5, 2010 at 2:00 PM , Anonymous janelle said...

1. I LOVE you for this recipe (my little Florence apt has NO mixer).
2. I LOVE the Smurfs! I wanted to hug you when I saw the pic. I just gave my son Smurfs for his birthday: he collects them (and so did I as a kid!!!).
3. Sigh. Thanks.

 
At February 5, 2010 at 2:13 PM , Anonymous a lovely being said...

I love recipes that require such little effort. now I'm craving chocolate chips!! I think I need to take a trip to the grocery store haha. have a great weekend!

 
At February 5, 2010 at 9:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for this wonderful post & recipe! I was so hungry last night, trying to figure out what cookie recipe I could whip up, now I'll have one for the next time :) Thank you too, for your kind words yesterday, I really appreciate it!

xo Mary Jo

 
At February 5, 2010 at 9:54 PM , Blogger Brabourne Farm said...

mmmm .... I can almost taste these gorgeous things even though I'm half way around the world. I keep meaning to say I love your profile image - it's gorgeous! Enjoy your weekend. Leigh

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home