The Simply Luxurious Life®: More Beautiful With Time  

February 10, 2010

More Beautiful With Time

New York Fashion week is just one day away, and I have to admit I’m curious to see what will possibly be out on the racks  come early fall. There is something about recreating yourself with clothing.  And as backwards as it seems, fall tends to be when I reinvent myself, or at least attempt to reinvent my wardrobe.  There is so much that can be done with layers, boots, tights and oh so many other wonderful items.

Speaking of reinventing, what were my New Year resolutions?  Over the last few days, I honestly had to go back and look over my list of resolutions that I vowed I would accomplish this year.  It’s amazing what can happen if one chooses to lose focus, but thankfully,  the opposite is also true.  It is impressive as to what one can accomplish when they remain focused.  Because as Paloma of La Dolce Vita reminded me earlier this week, “It always seems impossible until it is done.”   So true, so true.  As much as I am motivated by positive reinforcement, I, at times, find myself being spurred into action by aphorisms that remind me of the reality of what might be if I choose to do nothing. For example,“If nothing changes, nothing changes.” Gosh darn it, this will not apply to me . . . things are going to change baby! 

So I am renewing my resolve to continue to stay focused.  No, it won’t come immediately, and it probably won’t arrive when I expect it to, but it will arrive with renewed persistence.  Reinventing oneself takes time, but after all, isn’t time all we have in front of us?  

(Vogue – September 2003 photos by Annie Leibovitz)

Nicole Kidman to me embodies someone who continually has evolved, reinvented herself, and become more beautiful with time.  This particular photo shoot, although taken a handful of years ago, immediately caused me to gawk when I picked up Vogue’s September Issue in 2003.  Such simplicity, yet an immense amount of drama at the same time.  Good lives, good minds, good things come in time and with determined resolve.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At February 10, 2010 at 7:03 AM , Blogger Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

What gorgeous photos!

 
At February 10, 2010 at 7:32 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for the inspiration! Those shots of Nicole are absolutely breathtaking--she's one of my favorites in terms of style and I agree, she's only gotten better with time. Now for those resolves...sigh, better late than never!

xo

 
At February 11, 2010 at 3:14 AM , Blogger Brabourne Farm said...

You're right - Nicole has become better over time and she has managed to stay true to who she is! Leigh

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home