The Simply Luxurious Life®: Something To Celebrate  

December 26, 2010

Something To Celebrate

On this day twelve months ago The Simply Luxurious Life blog was born, and as I look back on the past year, I can’t help but count my blessings.  The Simply Luxurious Life is a life I try to lead every day and began to pursue prior to the creation of this space.  It is something that I believe every one of us can attain if indeed we are seeking quality rather than quantity, decadence rather than frivolity, personal style instead of trendy fashions and a truly fulfilling life instead of being led around by the nose.

For my readers, thank you. The gratitude I feel towards you is something I will forever and continue to be thankful for. It is my hope that you continue to find inspiration to live your most simply luxurious life created uniquely for you by you. For all of my fellow bloggers who have been willing to work with me on the blog and the newsletter, spread the word using Twitter and on their own blogs – thank you tremendously. As I have learned, a blogger can easily spend time doing so many different things and to choose to take the time to help someone else means the world. To my dear and closest friends and family, thank you for believing and supporting me and being such amazing unconditional cheerleaders. I can’t express enough what your love and friendship mean to me.

It is upon looking back, I realize where true passion can take someone. My passion for living well despite a minute income is something that I believe with all my heart is possible.  It is possible because everything each one of us does every day is a choice. A choice to concentrate our efforts or spread ourselves thin, a choice to save to purchase something of value and quality that will last or purchase a quick fix that is barely evanescent, a choice to say no to mindless snacking or fuel our bodies with a balanced and fulfilling meal, a choice to have patience, listening to our hearts, allowing ourselves to dream so that we are certain what would truly make our heart sing or following the crowd.

 

Keeping this approach to life in mind, I’m looking forward to what will hopefully be an even better blog for you, my readers, to visit in the upcoming year.  A few tweaks are in the works regarding the regular content you see on a weekly basis as I want to provide more quality posts and continue to provide something of value for each and everyone of you, as well as inspiration. 

As you may already know, The Simply Luxurious Life’s weekly newsletter is taking on a life of its own, and I want to continue to create something that readers look forward to seeing in their inbox every Friday. (If you haven’t subscribed for this free newsletter, see the bottom of this post for information on how to subscribe.) With that in mind, Rules of Style has moved to Thursdays, and I will be adding a Financial Food for Thought post on Fridays (eliminating Thursday Treasures & Friday’s I’m Craving). After all, the greatest luxury there is is to have a choice, and in order to give yourself the opportunity to have that choice, financial stability is a must.

Beginning January 3rd, all of the changes will be in place here on the blog, but in order to create a sound foundation for creating exactly the simply luxurious life you want, the quarterly newsletter of The Simply Luxurious Life will be delivered January 1st focusing on Creating A Simply Luxurious Year.  Tips, ideas and inspiration will be shared on how, in the first three months of the year, you can create an every day feeling of luxury that brings you a comforting peace of mind.  I do hope you’ll subscribe so that you can join me in the journey. 

So, as I raise my figurative glass of champagne with all of my readers, here’s a toast to an amazing year ahead. May it be filled with moments of utter awe, breaths being taken away due to absolutely joy and the realization of hard fought for dreams. Cheers and bonjour!

 

~To subscribe to The Simply Luxurious Life’s weekly and quarterly (January, April, July & September) newsletter, simply go to the upper right-hand column of this blog to where it says SIGN UP! and enter your first name and email address.~

Images: (1) Source (2) Source (3) We Heart It (4) Source (5) Piper Pearl Page (6) Source

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

At December 26, 2010 at 3:14 PM , Blogger Julie Leah said...

You are simply amazing!! Your blog is one that I come to daily for inspiration. You put so much of yourself into this blog and your incredible newsletters that it's unbelievable!! Congrats on the one-year anniversary, here's to many MANY more!!

Hope you had a beautiful Christmas!! XoXO

 
At December 26, 2010 at 3:26 PM , Blogger S and O said...

Lovely pictures! so inspirational :D
Happy bloggy Birthday!
Xoxo
Sarah

 
At December 26, 2010 at 4:42 PM , Blogger mosaicology said...

You are simply wonderful. Luxury in the good sense..this is how I see this and you are so spot on about many issues. Congrats.

 
At December 26, 2010 at 4:47 PM , Blogger LPC said...

Happy holidays to you, and onwards in simple luxury:).

 
At December 26, 2010 at 5:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on a wonderful first year! I look forward to seeing your new changes! Here's to a wonderful 2011!

 
At December 26, 2010 at 8:35 PM , Blogger RMorgan said...

Congratulations! You have a great thing going! Very motivating and inspirational! All the best for 2011! x

 
At December 26, 2010 at 10:10 PM , Blogger Barbara von Enger said...

Charming photographs and congratulations on the inspirational blog. Happy Holidays!

 
At December 27, 2010 at 8:45 AM , Blogger DEva Weddings said...

Congratulations on this AMAZINGLY beautiful achievement! You put so much of yourself into this inspiring blog daily and I truly believe that is your secret for creating such a strong and beautiful connection with your readers, fellow bloggers and twitter followers. You're incredibly graceful, caring and genuine and you deserve all the success in the world! I'm so looking forward to the amazing content you'll be sharing with us this year. I wish you many blessings and a world of opportunities to share your beautiful gift of writing with the world.
Cheers!!! xoxoxoxo

 
At December 27, 2010 at 11:08 AM , Blogger BushBelles said...

Hi, have just found your beautiful blog. As a rural girl from Man From Snowy River country in Australia (yes I noticed it was one of your fav movies) I look forward to reading about life in rural Oregan. Thanks so much.
Bushbelles xoxo

 
At December 27, 2010 at 1:07 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

Cheers to you Shannon! I am so glad I found your blog and I look forward to all you have planned for its future.
xoxo Carrie

 
At December 28, 2010 at 6:39 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Thank you for all of your comments. They truly mean the world to me. I can't express what your support makes me feel.

BushBelles - So happy to have had you stop by. Man From Snowy River was my first love regarding film and to now meet someone from this beautiful country - welcome indeed!

RMorgan, Carrie, Terri - Here's to making 2011 an amazingly simply luxurious year. :)

Brown Eyed Belle - Thank you for stopping by so regularly. Hearing that the blog provides inspiration for so many people in different walks of life is very reassuring. Thank you for all of your support.

Eva, speechless. Your words . . . thank you. xo

 
At December 28, 2010 at 8:04 AM , Blogger Laura (Literate Thoughts) said...

Just signed up for your newsletters! Can't wait!

 
At December 28, 2010 at 11:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy blog birthday, you've created a beautiful magazine here

 
At December 29, 2010 at 12:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on your year of beautiful blogging! Wishing you all happiness in the new year!

xo Mary Jo

 
At December 30, 2010 at 9:58 AM , Blogger Pauline Wiles said...

Love these images (esp Kermit!) and wishing you all the best for 2011!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home