The Simply Luxurious Life®: Weekly Cups of Tea (2/28-3/6)  

March 7, 2010

Weekly Cups of Tea (2/28-3/6)

Oh, do I have a variety of favorites for you, my readers, this week!  I hope you enjoy.

 

1. Springtime in Paris

With March having just begun, I am itching to get out and dig in the dirt, pot my tomatoes (don’t worry, I’m not putting them outside just yet), and watch the colors of spring reveal themselves.  And what better way to welcome the buds of spring than by starting in Paris.  Sasha of Everything Fabulous  posted some absolutely beautiful photos of the City of Lights that I just had to include this week.  Click on the heading above or the photo below to be taken to even more gorgeous shots, along with a lasting thought to ponder.

2. Terrific Tiramisu

Janelle of Talk of Tomatoes posted a recipe I can’t wait to try for making tiramisu with just six ingredients. Now, if that doesn’t make you want to bustle into the kitchen and whip up a decadent dessert, than the photo below just might.  To find the recipe and read her commentary as to where she found it (hint – a Tuscan road trip), click on the photo below.  Bon Appétit!

 

3.  Enthusiasm, Courtesy of Julia Child 

Speaking of bon appétit, Gretchen Rubin of The Happiness Project focused on Julia Child’s enthusiasm and how it indeed helps one cultivate more happiness in their lives.  Click here to read exactly how enthusiasm is something we all should include in our day to day routines.   

 

4.  Where to Find Inspiration  

As someone who enjoys writing, I find myself being inspired by the oddest things.  It may be an image I see plastered on a billboard, or a bull lazily soaking his feet in a river, or more often than not, an article or book I’m reading that sparks my thoughts.  But sometimes, for no reason what’s so ever, I have a hard time finding inspiration.  However, after reading Zen Habits’ suggested list of ways and places to derive inspiration, I am no longer worried that I will ever be at a loss for finding inspiration.  Click here to read his list so that you too will forever be inspired.

5.  Be Inspired! 

To provide a bit more inspiration, Kate of The Neo-Traditionalist posted a quote I immediately found myself writing down in my idea journal.  Click on the link above to continually enjoy daily quotes, lovely finds and daily inspiration at her website.

Enjoy a beautiful Sunday!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At March 7, 2010 at 4:42 AM , Blogger Gwen Driscoll said...

Love all of these. Can't wait to check them out. Hope you are well.

 
At March 7, 2010 at 5:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is great!! I am checking them all...and thank you so much for mentioning Everything Fabulous..love it!! Hope you have a lovely Sunday!!!

 
At March 7, 2010 at 9:28 AM , Blogger Vicki said...

fabulous post :) hope u have a lovely lazy sunday!
vicki x

 
At March 7, 2010 at 9:35 AM , Anonymous janelle said...

Oooohhh I LOVE having tea with you!!!

I feel so... awkward at how small the world is. Listen to this: just weeks before we skipped town to live abroad for a year, I tore out an article by Gretchen (Happiness Project). It actually stayed in my panniers all summer while we cycled and is currently folded and tucked into my sock drawer---so I can revisit it;). Oh, oh so odd... and kinda cool;).

 
At March 7, 2010 at 11:18 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Gwen, Sasha & Vicki - thank you so much for the sunny Sunday wishes. Always love hearing from you. =)

Janelle - thank you for stopping by and having "tea" with me! =) It really is a small world and that book (The Happiness Project) is what I am immersed in right now and thoroughly loving it. Thanks again for the recipe.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home