The Simply Luxurious Life®: Rooms of Inspiration – Get Cozy  

March 23, 2010

Rooms of Inspiration – Get Cozy

I’ve come to realize that almost every Tuesday, my posts include something in relation to home decor, so I’ve decided to continue the trend.  Each Tuesday, check in at The Simply Luxurious Life to view a bounty of rooms which will hopefully catch your eye and inspire an idea or two for your own decor.

This week’s Rooms for Inspiration is all about comfort.  My vacation is this week, so I’m inclined to be in a cozy state of mind: fewer appointments in my planner, more mornings to sleep in a bit longer (as long as my dogs will allow), time to catch up on some pleasurable reads and more importantly, time to rest. (Okay, I might be doing some shopping for my spring wardrobe as well . . . if I’m being completely honest.)  But the focus is ultimately relaxation.

One of the pieces of furniture that immediately comes to mind upon achieving this Zen state is a chaise lounge. Bring me a book, a blanket, hot tea and one or two of my dogs to snuggle with, and I’ll be good for at least a couple of hours in a luxuriously comfortable chaise.

Enjoy perusing through the images below, and just imagine yourself curled up in one, taking a few moments to yourself.  What items would you include as you snuggle in?  Freshly brewed coffee, a blanket, knitting materials, a book, your laptop?  I’d love to hear.  Have a exquisite Tuesday.

 

Images: (1) Shabby Chic Easy (2) Decor Pad (3)Hudson Goods Blog (4) Apartment Therapy (5) Zinio (6) Decor Pad (7)Country Living (8) Veranda (10) Decor Pad (11) Country Living (12) Decor Pad (13) Elle Decor (14) Elle Decor – Jessica Stam’s home (15) Brabourne Farm

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

At March 23, 2010 at 2:39 AM , Blogger escapade said...

No better place than a comfy chaise to spend a beautiful afternoon with a good book!
Can't wait to get into some new summer reads!

 
At March 23, 2010 at 5:34 AM , Blogger Gwen Driscoll said...

Love chaise lounges. Use them a lot. Hope you are well and have a great vacation. Sorry I've been out of touch...things are better after a big meeting today.

 
At March 23, 2010 at 5:36 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Escapade - I absolutely agree. I'm looking forward to lazy summer days with books, upon books on hand. =)

Gwen - Always good to hear from you whenever the time allows and thanks for the well wishes!

 
At March 23, 2010 at 6:50 AM , Anonymous Connie @ Sogni e Sorrisi said...

Jessica Stam's is one of my fave celeb homes ever. If I lived alone everything would be purple!

Love the first two chaises as well--and the one in that beautiful bathroom!

 
At March 23, 2010 at 7:04 AM , Blogger Isabelle Lafleche said...

What a gorgeous post! I'd bring along a good book, magazines and green tea! The first one is simply divine!

 
At March 23, 2010 at 8:05 AM , Blogger The Everyday Bon Vivant said...

Nice post! I could see myself in the chaise featured 6th from the bottom. I'd have my beagle/Jack Russell mix, a cup of tea, and a stack of magazines with me. Maybe a couple bon-bons too?

 
At March 23, 2010 at 12:11 PM , Anonymous splendid market said...

I would choose the shabby chic lounge at the top or the one in the domino photo towards the bottom, next to the fireplace. After dinner, the house is quiet, a glass of wine, my laptop, readers, notes, writing away with glee!!

What a great week for vacation! I hope the nice weather continues for you!

 
At March 23, 2010 at 2:08 PM , Blogger Pauline Wiles said...

Lovely! With a blankie, book, and possibly a cup of tea, I'd be happy for at least a few hours.
Enjoy your vacation!

 
At March 23, 2010 at 2:28 PM , Blogger Angela said...

I want to rest for a few minutes now. : )

 
At March 23, 2010 at 4:56 PM , Blogger My Favourite Things said...

Those are all so lovely! Love the first one and all the ones with fireplaces :) I would definitely have a cup of tea, book and blanket with me!

 
At March 25, 2010 at 7:33 AM , Blogger plaisirs simples said...

my grandmother just gave me her chaise lounge now that she's moving into a retirement community. i LOVE it and have wanted to ever since i was a little girl. there is just something SO cozy and comfy about them!

 
At May 16, 2010 at 8:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god, I want a chaise lounge! I always wanted one, but your chosen pictures got me even more enthusiastic about it. But right now, no money, no place. But I will definitely buy one when I own an apartment or a house and then I will be sitting in it with a cappuccino (cappuccino is for me like tea for you, just unhealthier ^^), a blanket, my dog and a book or my notebook. What a wonderful thought! Thanks for making me dream about it! ^^

xoxo Sandra

 
At May 26, 2010 at 11:16 AM , Blogger Leigha said...

These images are all so great. I have always wanted to be one of those fabulous people who lounges leisurely on my gorgeous chaise. I just need a gorgeous chaise...

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home