The Simply Luxurious Life®: Cups of Tea (3/14-3/20)  

March 21, 2010

Cups of Tea (3/14-3/20)

Spring is officially here and Old Man Winter has said good-bye for the time being.  To get this week’s Cups of Tea started I thought I’d share some of the beauty that Mother Nature can create, along with a delicious recipe, inspiration to continue to stay optimistic and pursue our dreams, as well as a creative post involving lighting fixtures paired with their look-a-like divas.  Enjoy your Sunday, and be sure to check back next Sunday for my first give-away!  Bonjour!

 

1. Gardener’s Delight     

Leigh of Brabourne Farm always provides inspiration by way of choosing exquisite images that delight my creative nature.  This particular post was no exception.  Click on the image below to enjoy a handful of beautiful images involving the beauty of Mother Nature.

2.  Morning Treat   

I have been in search of more scrumptious food blogs lately, and during my quest I came across the Baking and Books blog.  Not only are the wonderful recipes accompanied with photos that beg you to attempt them, but a story is told with other beautiful scenic images as well. 

The fact that I love tea is no secret, and as clichéd as it may be, I also adore scones.  So when I came across this recipe for maple scones I quickly jotted it down.  Click on the image below to not only discover the recipe that incorporates real maple syrup, but also displays many images from Vermont.

3. Seeing the Glass Half Full

Having more daylight and spotting the endless blooms of tulips, peonies and rhododendrons makes it much easier for most of us to keep a smile on our faces without much effort, but what about those days when the odds are stacked against us?  How does one continue to see the bright side? Leo Babauta of Zen Habits shares some surefire tips to help see the positive in our day to day lives no matter what the circumstance.  Click on the image below or the header above to help infuse more optimism into your life.

4.   Chandeliers and Divas 

Gwen of Ragland Hill Social came up with the fantastic and creative idea of pairing divas in our popular culture with their very own chandelier.  Reading through the post, I have to say, demonstrated her knack for hitting the nail on the head.  Take a peek at the many divas and their matching chandeliers, and see if you agree with her choices.  Any guesses as to what diva this chandelier is paired with?  I’ll give you a hint, she’s a material girl!

 

5. The World Belongs To The Dreamers

Sasha of Everything Fabulous shared a beautiful quote that I wanted to share.  Keep dreaming, keep believing and remember a dream can become a reality if a deadline is set.  Here’s to the dreamers!

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At March 21, 2010 at 8:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, dreamers.....I'm one of them, and never compromise what I see in my mind for the life I want to create for myself and my family! I love dreamers and those who just make it happen!
I can't wait to browse the Baking and Books blog. I'm a bit challenged in the baking department, however I can make scones! This is my year to
find some consistent success in baked goods!
Thanks for a wonderful post! Warmly, Kelly

 
At March 22, 2010 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

love your cup of tea posts...I really feel like grabbing a cup of tea when reading it!!! and you always have great info here!! BTW thank for posting EF!!!
Hope you have a great week!!

 
At March 23, 2010 at 5:39 AM , Blogger Gwen Driscoll said...

In the recesses of my mind I remembered you said you had included RHS in this. Thank you so very much. I love it. I've been so behind on all my blog reading so I'm trying to catch up. Thanks again.

 
At May 16, 2010 at 8:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leo Babuto of Zen Habits is a very inspiring person! I do believe him when he says that if a person, who wants to achieve something, has to change the habit of being pessimistic first. I noticed, that most of times I try to achieve something I start very optimistic, but on the way to accomplish it I lose my optimism and fail. I have to find a way to stay optimistic on a long term. I guess, it is a good idea to start with his tips. Thanks for sharing this wonderful, encouraging post with us!

xoxo Sandra

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home