The Simply Luxurious Life®: Casual Friday  

March 12, 2010

Casual Friday

It’s funny how a certain type of clothing can be associated with a day of the week, whether we participate in the stereotype or not.   I often view Friday as the finish line before I can wear my favorite go-to baby blues. Regardless of how we incorporate jeans into our wardrobe, I would venture to guess that the majority of us know exactly how we want to look in them.  Am I right?

There are so many facets to the adorability factor of jeans, but the one I am particularly fond of is the trouser jean.  This style is something I find myself wearing to work more than I care to admit, but what I love about it is the versatility it allows.  Pair it with a gorgeous feminine blouse, chandelier earrings, and nude pumps and any lady is set to appear more than appropriate.  Maybe not for a business meeting, but most certainly for a day full of routine desk work.

Kelly Ripa and Lauren Conrad demonstrate the perfect look one can achieve in a pair of trouser jeans.

Stella McCartney models one of the qualities I love most about trouser jeans, the elongation of the leg.  Her legs appear to go on for days, seriously!

Okay, okay, enough with work already . . . it is after all, Friday.  So if we’re in the mood to play and want to look even better doing it, the often misunderstood skinny jean and the the trusty standby – bootcut jean are here to help us all enjoy the weekend a bit more.

No matter how many jeans I have in my closet, it seems I can never have too many, and currently I am on the look out for another pair of dark denim skinny jeans.  The truth that I am continually finding out about dark denim is that it is slimming, appears much more pulled together than a lighter wash and it goes with everything from t-shirts, sweaters to my uniform go-to cami and cardigan.   A few of the brands that I have found to work for me due to my long inseam are Rock & Republic, Notify, Citizens of Humanity and every once and awhile Banana Republic. If you know of any others that I should look into, I would love to hear.

Hopefully your weekend ahead is full of a few moments that require you to don your favorite pair of denim, as well as a good night out all dressed up.

Enjoy window shopping by taking a look at a few more ways to dress up (or down) the jeans that I know will always be in our closets. Cheers to all of my readers and thank you sincerely, for stopping by. You all are continually brightening my days with your wonderful thoughts and comments.

Audrina Patridge demonstrates how skinny jeans can be worn. 

If we had gams like Cameron Diaz, who wouldn’t be wearing skinny jeans all day, every day?

Mariska Hargitay pulls off a very casual, yet finished look with denim.

Jessica Alba takes a stroll in what looks like a pair of very comfortable jeans.

Bootcut jeans are wonderful for bringing balance to a woman’s body and are one of my favorite choices when I want to slip on some heels, but don’t want to wear a dress.

What would a discussion be without allowing Giselle to model what jeans are meant to do?  I just had to do it, please don’t hate me.  I love this picture simply because the bootcut jeans are being worn with their namesake. 

Penelope Cruz’s dark demin jeans are exactly what every woman should have in their closet.

A pair of jeans taking Jennifer Lopez out for a night on the town.  Looks fabulous!

One last example of a great bootcut jean and their ability to be worn during any season and look smashing.  The yellow and blue color combination is eye catching, isn’t?

And to wrap up, boots worn over skinny jeans.  After all, we aren’t officially in the spring season, so don’t put those boots away just yet.

Images: (1) Instyle (2) The Frisky (3)Denim Blog (4) Denim Blog (5) Denim Hunt (6) Celebrity Style Guide (7) Instyle (9) Elle UK (10) The Jeans Blog (11) My True Style (12) Style Bakery (13) Denim Blog (14) Fashion Update

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At March 12, 2010 at 6:23 AM , Blogger Gwen Driscoll said...

I have not bought one item of clothing for Spring. Yikes! I've been so busy. Thanks for the inspiration.

 
At March 12, 2010 at 6:45 AM , Blogger Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

I am seeing these wider leg, extra long pants everywhere. Could the skinny have some competition?

 
At March 12, 2010 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Pauline Wiles said...

Mmm, for now, I'm sticking with the dark, bootcut version. But on the right person, in a casual setting, the skinny ones look gorgeous!

 
At March 12, 2010 at 1:08 PM , Anonymous Laideen {laylaybaby.com} said...

Thanks for getting me in the mood to go jeans shopping!!! Any suggestions for vertically challenged gals (a la Kelly Ripa and Eva Longoria)? Had a baby 10 mos ago and just getting back in the swing of things but don't really know what's out there jeans-wise. Anywhoo lovely post!

 
At March 12, 2010 at 3:42 PM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Laideen - The bootcut jean is really one of the more universally flattering jeans, but a trouser isn't skin tight, and still allows a woman to show her figure a bit.

For women who are shorter, make sure you refer to the picture of Kelly Ripa above, you don't want a pant with too much fabric because then it will engulf you, try to keep it slimmer to the thigh, but not skin tight.

There is a cut from Banana Republic that I do like - the Urban bootcut - the leg opening isn't as wide, so you can wear them with flats and they still look very slimming, and the waist is a bit higher.

I hope this helps! =)

 
At March 13, 2010 at 3:10 AM , Blogger vicki archer said...

my favourites are J Brand....Have a wonderful weekend, xv.

 
At March 13, 2010 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Couture Carrie said...

So many fab denim looks!
Love this post, darling!

xoxox,
CC

 
At May 16, 2010 at 7:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Audrina's look. She is such a beauty and looks fabulous in her jeans. I have five pair of jeans, but I still have the feeling I didn't found THE ONE for me. I'll keep looking! ^^

xoxo Sandra

 
At March 9, 2013 at 4:23 AM , Blogger Cathy Anderson said...

I love skinny jeans and when I can get them at a great price, that's wonderful. These jeans fit just like you would expect skinny jeans to fit. I really like the color, something different from blue. They work great with my tall knee-high boots. I would give them 5 stars if they had a longer inseam. I strongly recommend Barely There 4J30

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home