The Simply Luxurious Life®: Never Too Early  

February 20, 2010

Never Too Early

My fall shopping list has begun!  An overall theme seemed to emerge during New York’s Fashion Week, and it was wholeheartedly appreciated by someone (me) who wants to be fashionable, yet is sometimes perplexed by what is worn on the runways.  This season did not have that problem what so ever!  Femininity is still going strong, and I adore this trend – skinny belts and sheath dresses (Victoria Beckham).  Grays, browns, with shades of pinks, reds and oranges showed off their allure, and, I was uber-thrilled by this one, scarves!  Ginormous scarves appear to be something to look for in the fall.  I couldn’t be happier.
So, prompted by a suggestion from Harper’s Bazaar, I decided to make a visual wish list of what my fall closet might look like (that is if I had a magic genie in a bottle, but I looked and she’s not in there gosh darn it!). Regardless, I’ve included my favorites from this past Fashion Week. 

Out of curiosity, what were some of the trends that piqued your interest and how are you most likely to incorporate them into your wardrobe?  Hope you are just about to embark on a fantastic weekend romp, whatever it may be, and if it’s shopping maybe this will rev your engine up even more!  Cheers!


Love the layering Tory Burch has done and especially like the capped sleeved coat.  Always keep in mind, sequins are not just for an evening out ladies!


A consistent trend in
Diane von Furstenberg’s Fall 2010 line were skirts or cocktail length dresses worn with a sweater-like cardigan or jacket.  I love this idea to dress down a rather fancy dress or to add texture.

 
Michael Kors’ mix of neutrals, gray, brown and khaki, work well together and, as always, the belt pulls it all into something fabulous and draws your eye in to a beautiful narrow waist.


I had to include one more of
Michael Korscollection.  This simple black dress, the V-neck and again, loving the belt!  Classy monochromatic outfit that screams simplicity, yet drama at the same time.


Elie Tahari is one of the many designers I, admittedly, just found out about, but at least I did because I thoroughly saw myself feeling comfortable, yet put together in many of his designs.  The sweater cardigan layered underneath the coat, all wrapped up in a belt is stunning. And the camisole peeking out from underneath, that is definitely something I would feel comfortable wearing.


ADAM by Adam Lippes displayed he could design with an upper class flair.  There were a handful of items I liked in his collection and one among them was this sweater dress cinched in with a simple large black belt.


Victoria Beckham, I believed, stunned quite a few with her collection.  All I can say is that femininity seemed to be the utmost priority when these designs were crafted.  The dresses were fitted, yet not too revealing, reminding us all of what makes a woman’s figure sexy.


Jason Wus collection was absolutely fabulous, but I couldn’t help but show one of the many photos of the oversized scarves that seemed to be just about everywhere.  I, personally, am a huge fan as everyone already knows.


I am in need of more winter coats, and the neckline of
Elie Tahari’s black wool piece immediately caught my attention. Beautiful.


Now, I must update my wardrobe for evenings out, and while simple,
Lela Rose’s cocktail dress in navy would fit right in with my tastes.


For a splash of color
Tory Burch incorporates sequins again while also adding the ever popular accessory – the belt.  Creative and something I need to try. 


And I couldn’t end without including another item from
Jason Wu’s 2010 Ready-to-Wear collection.  A woman’s shoulders, after all, are always sexy, so why not show them off this a halter dress that will be the talk of the evening for all the right reasons.

All images courtesy of Style.com

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At February 20, 2010 at 6:19 AM , Blogger Denisa L said...

Jason Wu was my fav

 
At February 20, 2010 at 6:40 AM , Blogger Couture Carrie said...

Awesome runway selections, darling! Especially loving Kors and Victoria Beckham! Gorgeous post!

xoxox,
CC

 
At February 20, 2010 at 9:16 PM , Blogger Gwen Driscoll said...

Beautiful images. I wanted to let you know I added you to my blog roll. I just love your blog. Hope you are well.

 
At February 21, 2010 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Fabulous fashion recap...and I loove every look you picked!! Hope you are having a great weekend!!!

 
At February 22, 2010 at 12:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love your picks and especially love the idea of making a visual wish list for your closet! Brilliant, you have inspired me again! Thank you!

xo Mary Jo

 
At February 27, 2010 at 7:11 AM , Anonymous LeeLee said...

Great picks! Had to point out, though -- Elie Tahari is a man. HIS collection is always brilliant, though, and within reach of the average fashionista, too.

 
At February 27, 2010 at 8:01 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Lee Lee,

Thanks for straightening me out. As you can see I am completely a newbie to HIS line. I appreciate the info!!! =)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home