The Simply Luxurious Life®: Topsy Turvy  

September 6, 2010

Topsy Turvy

This season the mystique and beauty of the woman returns and as I’ve said many times, I am very happy to see this trend.  Whether it’s due to Mad Men’s fantastic reception, the recession or just a long overdue appreciation for the 50’s style, I find a woman being a woman, luxuriating in being a woman, a wonderful thing. Bring in the balance of a woman living her life by her own terms and I’m a very happy girl.

In Vogue Nippon’s October 2010 issue, Alessandra and Ana Beatriz Barros turn fashion on its head almost quite literally in beautiful feminine style. Photographed by Solve Sundsbo and styled by Katie Grand (Love Magazine), the ladies appear on plush sofas, next to Louis Vuitton luggage and dripping in extravagant accessories.  Thus the title of the editorial “No Crime to be Rich”.  Have a look. I’d love to know what you think.

Images courtesy of Lipstick Jungle

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At September 6, 2010 at 1:05 PM , Blogger Gwen Driscoll said...

Love all these images. Hope you are having a great weekend.

 
At September 6, 2010 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Lissa Pierce said...

Love this spread. Very interesting concept to turn all the models upside down....puts the full skirts front and center. Clever and well done. Now all I need is to go and buy a full skirt.

 
At September 6, 2010 at 2:14 PM , Blogger Julie Leah said...

Hello, my dear!!

I am in love with these gorgeous, feminine photos. I can't even pick a favorite. You know there's usually one that jumps out at you more than others?? Not with these, I LOVE them all. The angles are so glamorous!

Thank you for this gorgeous, girly post!

xoxo

 
At September 7, 2010 at 6:41 AM , Blogger GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

Lovely images!

♥ V

http://www.gritandglamour.com

 
At September 7, 2010 at 8:21 AM , Blogger Lilacandgrey said...

love all the shoes!!

 
At September 7, 2010 at 2:12 PM , Blogger Anna said...

LOVE.
the full skirts, pretty patterns, and the SHOES. Ah, it really is quite fun to be a woman. I've also noticed the trend toward a more classic, and gender flattering style.
Thanks for the pictures, they have been the eye candy I was craving.

 
At September 7, 2010 at 2:12 PM , Blogger Eden said...

thx for visting my page. i would link some of your'e amazing post on my blog .. againe thx for giving me a chance to have more traffic..ur amazing thxxxxxxx

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home