The Simply Luxurious Life®: A Simple Ideal Long Weekend  

September 4, 2010

A Simple Ideal Long Weekend

The Labor Day weekend has arrived in the states and unofficially the end of summer is upon us. And fall, at least in the Pacific Northwest, is somewhat showing signs. Regardless of when a three day weekend comes, it seems there are so many more options to consider when planning for it.  However, for me, I am thankful that I have it all to myself in this particular instance and below are a few things I am looking forward to doing or have already enjoyed so far . . .

(If you follow me on Twitter, I thoroughly enjoyed tweeting back and forth with my readers as I cleaned my house. It made the task all the more pleasurable and seem to be finished before I knew it, as well as help from old episodes of Sex and the City playing in the background. Thank you!)

. . . yoga to stretch out the body and silence my mind . . .

. . . a small homemade batch of cookies with a cold glass of milk . . .

. . . a long walk in the early fall breezes . . .

. . . a clean house to put my feet up in . . .

. . . some shopping to to fill a few gaps in my closet . . .

. . . finishing a pleasurable book . . .

. . . and a pumpkin latte to greet the season.

What do you enjoy doing on long weekends? I’d love to hear.

 

Images: (1) Wonderland (2) Coffee and Stilettos (3) Oh La La (4) Tumblr (5) Decor Pad (6) Fashion Fever (7) We Heart It (8) We Heart It

6 Comments:

At September 4, 2010 at 8:43 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

Shannon, your weekend sounds perfect. I just got home from my first college football game of the year, one of my favorite fall activities. I have 2 days ahead of me with barely a plan, which means I need to make one stat before it is over.
Enjoy your weekend. xoxo Carrie

 
At September 4, 2010 at 9:04 PM , Blogger Hermine said...

Oooo...you absolutely have to share your cookie recipe with us :) Happy Weekend

www.thegirlinacashmeredaze.blogspot.com

 
At September 4, 2010 at 11:41 PM , Blogger Tracey said...

Oh long weekends are wonderful (they should happen every weekend!) ... it sounds like you're spending your time in perfect fashion! :)

 
At September 5, 2010 at 2:42 AM , Blogger Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Unfortunately,fall seems a long way off where I live in Spain (the temperatures are still around 40ºC-horrible).
But long weekends usually involve, walking on the beach really early, eating churros (hot doughnut type things) dipped in chocolate for breakfast, reading a newspaper or magazine, and then sauntering back home when we have the energy.

 
At September 5, 2010 at 4:46 PM , Blogger goodniteirene.wordpress.com said...

oh the tease of the pumpkin latte. i trying ever so hard to hold tight until tuesday. although that spicy aroma and promise of nutty sweet yum almost broke me down this afternoon.
im eeeeking out one last farmer's market cobbler and tomato/corn salad. the summer seconds are winding down; i'm meeting them at the finish line.
xo,
katie

 
At September 5, 2010 at 11:34 PM , Blogger Angela Tolsma said...

You always choose the most beautiful pictures, to go with what you are writing

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home