The Simply Luxurious Life®: An Extra Special Something  

September 7, 2010

An Extra Special Something

A simple addition to any room where you tend to relax in whether it be your living room, family room or bedroom is a luxuriously soft throw.  Even taking one with you while sitting outside, as the above photo demonstrates, is a way to feel even more comfortable and relaxed, allowing you to take in a moment of calm in exactly the temperature that suits you best, all the while feeling as though you are being hugged.

With summer coming to an end and fall beginning to show whispers of its arrival, you might be thinking about pulling out your throws, or actually using one the next time there is a bit of a chill in the house. And if you don’t have one that suits your taste or decor, keep in mind that fabrics such as faux fur, cashmere, knit, or chenille always feel good to the touch and offer up an opportunity to snuggle that’s hard to ignore. Below are a few rooms that have included a simple, yet beautiful throw in the decor. Have a look. I know I always tend to have a something to cover at least my feet when I’m relaxing with a good book, a show I’m looking forward to watching, or a much anticipated glossy magazine.  How do you enjoy using throws in your decor and lifestyle? I’d love to hear.  Have a beautiful Tuesday.

 

Living Room

 

Bedroom

 

Images: (1) Country Living (2) Decor Pad (3) Decor Pad (5) Southern Accents (6) Decor Pad (8) Decor Pad (9) Decor Pad (10) Decor Pad (11) Decor Pad (12) Decor Pad (13) Decor Pad (14) Decor Pad (15) Decor Pad (16) Decor Pad (17) Decor Pad (18) Decor Pad (19) Decor Pad (20) Decor Pad (21) Decor Pad

14 Comments:

At September 7, 2010 at 2:48 AM , Blogger Fiona Ferris said...

I love the look of a throw rug on a sofa or along the foot of a bed. It always looks very luxe and in the case of a bed, 'hotel-chic'. And the bliss of snuggling up in one when you're weary and it's cold, well... The Cape Cod chairs in your first image are in my dream back yard one day. White ones please, or grey at a pinch.

 
At September 7, 2010 at 4:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how a throw can add a pop of color to a room too!

p.s. I'm having a Ann Taylor Loft giveaway if it interests you! xo

 
At September 7, 2010 at 5:09 AM , Blogger VM Creation Atelier said...

Oh,yes...the summer is gone...

These first image makes me smile and also nostalgic a little bit,SO gorgeous photo!!!

Wish you very soft sempetember week,my dear friend:-)*

Love,
***Violetta***

 
At September 7, 2010 at 5:24 AM , Blogger Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Gorgeous pics!
I agree with Fiona; a throw on a bed looks very "boutique hotel".
I love the faux fur throw. How can you not want to snuggle up to that?

 
At September 7, 2010 at 5:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

i'm voting the 1st picture - i don't use throws that often - i just always have one on my couch to snuggle under while i watch tv - but i'm DYING to have a Hermes throw! - just DYING for one!

 
At September 7, 2010 at 7:34 AM , Blogger Carrie said...

I love throws, can't have enough in my opinion. My stepson and I fight over them in the family room when it comes time to snuggle up and watch tv. We now each have our own sets of throws. Thank you for sharing Shannon, have a great week.

 
At September 7, 2010 at 7:36 AM , Blogger Peggy and Fritz said...

I love every one of these rooms. Each one makes me want to snuggle with a blanket, with my magazines and a cup of tea.

 
At September 7, 2010 at 8:12 AM , Blogger Nikki said...

These are all so lovely and inspiring!

 
At September 7, 2010 at 8:14 AM , Blogger A Casa da Vá said...

I agree, I have a throw in every corner of my apartment! Great choices of pictures, those rooms are amazing

 
At September 7, 2010 at 8:53 AM , Anonymous spendid market said...

Happy Fall! I love the color and texture throws add to a room. I keep an oatmeal colored cashmere throw at the foot of my bed, perfect for stealing away for an afternoon nap, or when I need another layer at night.

 
At September 7, 2010 at 9:52 AM , Blogger Piper Larson said...

I do love throws! I probably have more than I should...but I love being able to snuggle up wherever I sit down.
XO Piper

 
At September 7, 2010 at 9:54 AM , Blogger Gwen Driscoll said...

Love throws. Use them all the time in projects. Great way to add a pop of color or texture.

 
At September 7, 2010 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Lorrie said...

Throws add such comfort and coziness to a room. I throw them over the couch in the autumn and winter, and have a basket with several rolled up for guests.
Hot chocolate, a magazine and a throw - what could be more suitable for a rainy autumn day?

 
At September 7, 2010 at 12:34 PM , Blogger Jill Seidner | Interior Design said...

LOVE all these interior images - some I've seen and have been longtime favorites. And always more to add to my inspiration file...thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home