The Simply Luxurious Life®: Four Seats Please  

August 3, 2010

Four Seats Please

Recently, I had the opportunity, unexpectedly, to do a little wine tasting in the Walla Walla Valley wine region and while I’ve never had the luxury of being able to stop in during the middle of the week before, I found it to be, while quite different from my other experiences, more enjoyable than I could have ever imagined. 

The winery was calm, only a few potential buyers were tasting, and the staff was able to pay closer attention.  The hustle and bustle was absent which allowed for us to find an entire space arranged with plush armchairs, couches and side tables to rest our stems.

I quickly recognized one of the reasons why this arrangement of furniture was so welcoming to inducing conversation: one, we all had a extremely comfortable place to relax; two, we were close enough for an intimate conversation, but we weren’t on top of each other; and three, we had a little nudge by the handful of tastes of wine we had already enjoyed.

The gathering of four different pieces of furniture whether they be couches or chairs is such a conducive way of promoting exactly what one hopes for at a small dinner party at the house – lively conversation.  Whether it be before dinner is served and you are waiting for everyone to arrive over a glass of champagne or after dinner, with cups of coffee. 

I’ve gathered a collection of rooms for you this week to take a look at, and I’m curious what you think of this idea.  Have  wonderful Tuesday.

 

Images: (1) House Beautiful (2) Decor Pad (3) Elle Decor (4) Decor Pad (5) Material Girls (6) House Beautiful (7) Decor Pad (8)Decor Pad (9) Decor Pad (10) Things That Inspire (11)  Source

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At August 3, 2010 at 5:40 AM , Blogger by Sutton said...

i would live in any of those... simply lovely choices!

 
At August 3, 2010 at 5:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

all GREAT spaces - but too "formal" for my taste - i like a more laid back ese to things .. that's just me tho

*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

 
At August 3, 2010 at 6:38 AM , Blogger Carrie said...

I love the concept but think the seating arrangement would work best in a formal living room or maybe even a sunroom/porch. Love this pictures you posted as well.

 
At August 3, 2010 at 6:45 AM , Blogger Karen said...

I love this idea for the same reason I love round dining tables, they promote conversation and no one has to feel left out of the loop.

 
At August 3, 2010 at 6:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

These are such great choices for illustrating your point. I love all of these rooms so much.

 
At August 3, 2010 at 9:38 AM , Blogger Karla@TheClassyWoman said...

Lovely images! When consulting with clients, I always encourage them for design or staging purposes to create 'conversational' living spaces. As often as I can, I love setting furniture up in this way if it works in the room.

I also wanted to let you know that I got your message and I would love to swap blog buttons. Since I created mine myself and since tweeked it, I realized that it isn't working. It shows in my sidebar but it can't be grabbed. I need to fix it first. I'll let you know when it's fixed! :)

 
At August 3, 2010 at 9:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful images, im def inspired to decorate now!!

fashionableroad.blogspot.com

 
At August 3, 2010 at 3:35 PM , Blogger Pauline Wiles said...

Wow, I love all these rooms you showed. I like to think my style isn't as formal as these, but I'm thinking now, perhaps it is! They're beautiful rooms.

 
At August 3, 2010 at 11:01 PM , Blogger Fabulously French said...

All are gorgeous especially the photo with the lovely commode and french mirror in the background.

Leeann x

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home