The Simply Luxurious Life®: Cups of Tea 7/25-7/31  

August 1, 2010

Cups of Tea 7/25-7/31

A dreamy place to enjoy tea – a country cottage bathed in white.  It would be no surprise that your mind would dance as you sipped leisurely by the candlelight provided. I could easily get lost in my thoughts, I’m sure.

How has your weekend been going?  Hopefully exactly as you had planned with more wonderful moments than you expected.  Pleasant surprises are always the best, aren’t they?  Yesterday was spent cleaning the house and manicuring the yard, all the while running through my head making sure I had checked everything off of my to-do list.  Today, however, is quite the opposite. 

Homemade scones, an omelet, and a hot cup of tea as I settle in to catch up on my blog reading.  Exactly what I have been looking forward to.  This week’s Cups of Tea is quite informative coupled with a few beautiful places to rest your eyes.  Have a look and enjoy the beginning of the best month of the year so far.

 

1. 10 Steps to Greatness

Greatness.  Most of us dream about being recognized for our talents, but not all of us have reached it yet.  Barrie Davenport of Live Bold and Bloom  shares 10 steps for anyone to follow to help in reaching their dreams.

 

2. Time for a Soak

There is just something about soaker tubs that immediately grabs my attention and draws me in, so when I came across Andrea of House of Design & Style’s post earlier in the week, I was hooked.  A handful of beautifully placed and luxuriously inviting tubs just calling for someone to enjoy them.

 

3. A Comforting Treat

As a kid, one of my favorite sandwiches was peanut butter and jelly.  And low and behold, there is also a cookie recipe that creates this nostalgia for my taste buds yet again, but in a different form. On the ValSoCal blog, this recipe is sure to bring back memories if you are like me.  I’m anxious to find an excuse to make them, but I’m afraid I might just eat too many.

 

4. The Wedding Locale

Just in case you haven’t heard, Chelsea Clinton and Marc Mezvinsky were married last night in Rhinebeck, New York. And while the town itself looks like a place I might want to visit, the location for the nuptials has had me even more intrigued.  Thanks to Heather Clawson of Habitually Chic, you now can have a grand tour of Astor Courts built in 1902 by Stanford White for John Jacob Astor IV as a weekend retreat.  And if you’d like to see photos from the wedding and take a look at the beautiful Vera Wang dress Chelsea wore, click here.

5. Make it a Habit

Each week I look for inspirational quotes to include in the weekly Cups of Tea, and this week Sasha of Everything Fabulous shared a beautiful thought to repeatedly keep in mind as we go about our daily lives.  Who we are today truly is a result of what we have done or thought repeatedly up until that point.  If we aren’t happy with the present, our habits must change.  Take a look.

"We are not a composite of everything that has ever happened to us, but rather what happens in our lives is almost always a result of those things we habitually think and those things we habitually do. Life is the fruit of discipline, or lack or it. We are our habits."

~Matthew Kelly

Enjoy your Sunday.

Images: (1) Country Living

6 Comments:

At August 1, 2010 at 7:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your Sunday sounds divine! Enjoy the relaxation — you deserve it!

 
At August 1, 2010 at 7:26 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Loving that quote! So true.

 
At August 1, 2010 at 10:36 AM , Blogger LyddieGal said...

Homemade scones and an omelet with some blog reading sounds like the perfect start to the day!!

I'll have to go check out the 10 steps to greatness - thanks for sharing!

Chic on the Cheap

 
At August 1, 2010 at 5:22 PM , Blogger Val said...

I just wanted to thank you so much for spotlighting my recipe!!! You are the bestest!!!!

 
At August 6, 2010 at 12:44 PM , Blogger House of Design & Style said...

Thank you for the mention!

 
At August 9, 2010 at 6:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Matthew Kelly quote - It is so true! I read the linked article 'Fake your way to Greatness'. It's a pretty nice idea, in theory. I'm not sure if it is really realizable, because I have the feeling my subconscious mind and the bad thoughts are stronger than the good thoughts!

xoxo Sandra
http://glamirrorous.com

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home