The Simply Luxurious Life®: The Catchy Sayings are Back  

August 3, 2010

The Catchy Sayings are Back

“I die.”

“Ba Nanas.”

These are just a few of catchy sayings you will hear again beginning tonight.  Rachel Zoe is back for her third season on Bravo’s The Rachel Zoe Project which begins airing tonight (August 3rd) at 10pm. For more details about where they are traveling this season, Taylor’s whereabouts, and more images, click here.

A few things you may not know about Rachel:

1. Adores Mad Men and expressed interest in styling the show

2. Most challenging episode was styling Demi Moore in Harper’s Bazaar’s April 2010 cover shoot. As well as working with Naomi Campbell in Episode 3 (this season) – 90 looks in 4 days.

3. Admits to being starstruck when meeting Karl Lagerfeld and John Galliano.

4. Not too fond of the 80’s fashion scene

5. Confesses to admiring Cameron Diaz’s style even before becoming her stylist (quite a compliment).

6. If she were to design her dream magazine it would incorporate the following: high fashion, incorporation of art, interviews with intriguing people and, true to Rachel, everything would be oversized. Think mashing Elle, W, Love, Vogue and Visionaire and voila – The Zoe magazine (cheesy, I know – my apologies).

7. Believe it or not, she missed this summer’s haute couture shows in Paris due to one of her clients needing her help (speculation is that it was Diaz) preparing for a traveling red carpet event.

8. When asked what her top red carpet successes were:

Demi Moore in ruffled nude Versace for 2010 Oscars

Anne Hathaway in Versace’s sage green rosette dress for the 2008 Venice Film Festival

Cameron Diaz in pink Chanel Couture for the 2009 Golden Globes

Enjoy the show tonight! I’d love to hear your thoughts via Twitter while I’m tuned in (just include @simplyluxurious in your tweet).

Thank you to FabSugar.

Images: (1) Erin Ever After (2) Harper’s Bazaar (4) Socialite Life (5) Simply Luxurious (6) Source (7) Simply Luxurious

Labels: , , , ,

14 Comments:

At August 3, 2010 at 10:18 AM , Blogger Splenderosa said...

Fabulous post! I loved loved loved Demi's outfit, thought it was perfection & definitely the best of the evening. Now, I know why!! :)

 
At August 3, 2010 at 11:03 AM , Blogger GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

Love this post because I'm such a Zoe fan. Can't wait to watch the show tonight!

♥ V

http://www.gritandglamour.com

 
At August 3, 2010 at 11:15 AM , Blogger A Casa da Vá said...

how fun, great to learn more about Rachel ZOe - I am a huge fan of her show!

 
At August 3, 2010 at 11:30 AM , Blogger hobovogue . said...

ahhhh omg almost forgot the premiere was tonight! thank gosh you reminded me because i'm a HUGE fan and i would totally die for her any day hehe

<33 [v] hobovogue

 
At August 3, 2010 at 5:45 PM , Blogger Carmen said...

Can't wait! Will be on my DVR since I will need my beauty sleep for a day in NYC tomorrow. Have a great evening!

 
At August 3, 2010 at 5:51 PM , Blogger Karla@TheClassyWoman said...

I'd let her style me any day! Like her, I'm also not a fond of the 80's fashion scene. I think she has great taste and always does a fabulous job with her clients.

I think her word 'bananas' is cute, but I'm not a fan of the phrase 'I Die', I know what she means by it but somehow I wouldn't want to prophesy those words over my life. LOL. Hopefully she's recovered from her vertigo.

Looking forward to the new season!

 
At August 3, 2010 at 6:01 PM , Blogger Painter's Place said...

I've been waiting all summer for her show to come back on!! The whole time I was watching it, I was thinking what is Taylor's problem??? I would LOVE to have her job!!!

 
At August 3, 2010 at 6:45 PM , Blogger the chirpy bird said...

Gotta love Rachel Zoe.. She's an absolute nightmare in person, but she's lots of fun to watch!
xotash

 
At August 3, 2010 at 8:17 PM , Blogger Gwen Driscoll said...

so love rachel zoe. watching it right now. have been so out of touch and missed the world of blog. hope you are well.

 
At August 3, 2010 at 10:06 PM , Blogger the chirpy bird said...

yes! The styling world is very small and once upon a time, I did!
xo tash

 
At August 3, 2010 at 10:13 PM , Blogger the chirpy bird said...

Well styling is mostly about networking. The more you network, the more your client base grows and once you've got certain celebs on your books, then the more pull you have with designers. It's a funny ol game! It's not necessarily so much about talent, it's more about being a good business woman and she is definitely a smart business woman!
xoxo

 
At August 3, 2010 at 11:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I wish I'd known this was on tonight but hopefully I can catch a re-run soon! Lovely post!

xo Mary Jo

 
At August 4, 2010 at 5:20 AM , Blogger Carrie said...

I watched the show last night, could not stand to think of recording it and reading all about it today without seeing it! I love me some Zoe, husband thought I was a bit bananas how seriously I was watching it. :)

 
At August 5, 2010 at 6:24 AM , Blogger Piper Larson said...

Love RZ! Was so excited to watch the season premier this week. It' just as great as ever!
XO Piper

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home