The Simply Luxurious Life®: Ecstatic and Blushing  

July 27, 2010

Ecstatic and Blushing

The month of July has gotten away from me and during this time some very thoughtful and kind bloggers have passed on awards that simply made me smile upon receiving them.  The best part in receiving such accolades is that I too get to pass them on and that is a pleasure. Here we go!

Lisa of LesaPea Musings – thank you for the “You Dazzle Girl!” Blog Award and including me along with so many other wonderful fashion bloggers.  Anything in relation to Ms. Audrey Hepburn and I’m thrilled!

I would like to pass this award on to:

Apartment #34

Pink Lemonade Design

Frou Frou Fashionista

Psynopsis

 

Allison of Simply Beautiful World kindly gave the Sunshine Award. We “Simply” girls have to stick together – a beautiful blog and a must to see. Thank you.

I am passing this award on to:

The Zhush

Sage & Style

Definitely Golden

Darjeeling Dreams

The Diversion Project

 

DEva Weddings graciously awarded me The Fabulous Sugar Doll Blogger Award, and I couldn’t be happier to receive an award from such a genuinely enthusiastic, creative mind.  Brides-to-be, this blog is a plethora for finding elegant inspiration and ideas – do stop by.

And the award goes to:

House of Design & Style

The Mish Dish

Daily Diva Dish

 

V of Grit and Glamour who constantly impresses with her style, as well as her vlogging, thank you for The Versatile Blogger award.

I’d like to pass it on to:

Haute Design

The Sassy Steel Magnolia

 

And last, but certainly not least, Sabine of Psynopsis posed a challenge a few weeks ago that I decided I’d try to take on. What was it, you may be asking? 

CHALLENGE: Tell 6 positive things about yourself and post a picture of yourself that you like.

The photo above is probably when I was about 4, 5 or 6 years old.  I’m not exactly sure, but I have no memory of it, so when I came across it some years back, I said to myself Girl – always a thinker, lost in thought, but with such confidence, hold on to that!

As for six positive things I’d like to share about myself:

1) My colleagues, friends and students can recognize me simply by the “cackle” of my laugh. (Thank you grandma Janie!)

2) Dessert is my specialty in the kitchen.

3) Math is not my specialty, but I have a fantastic visual memory. 

4) I’m a self-starter and don’t usually need to be prompted to get something done.

5) I’m organized – lists are my friend, to-do lists, planners – love purchasing and picking them out – so much fun!

6) I’m a big dreamer – maybe a bit fairy tale-ish (as one of my friends reminds me), but I can’t help it.  If you don’t dream big and have hope for yourself, then who will?

I am so curious to hear from these lovely bloggers, so I am passing this challenge on to:

1) All Things Dinkulous

2) Tiptoe Butterfly

3) Accidental Chic

Labels:

15 Comments:

At July 27, 2010 at 3:50 PM , Blogger GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

Thanks for the shout out...you definitely deserve all your awards! One teeny thing...my name is not Victoria! You can call me V.


♥ V

http://www.gritandglamour.com

 
At July 27, 2010 at 4:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

thank you so much for the award...it's been so long since i've received one! congrats on all of the awards you've received...definitely well-deserved for such an inspiring site.
xox alison

 
At July 27, 2010 at 6:51 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

Oh my, what a lovely little doll you are in that picture! Thank you so much for thinking of me and passing on this award to me. I am truly honored! Congrats on all of your lovely awards, you deserve each and every one of them darling! XO

 
At July 27, 2010 at 7:41 PM , Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

Congratulations on the awards! They are much-deserved... and let me say, that photo is absolutely adorable! So happy that you included Haute Design -- I am very honored :)

 
At July 27, 2010 at 7:47 PM , Blogger LyddieGal said...

what a sweet photo - sunglasses in mouth = perfection.
congrats on all your lovely awards!!

Chic on the Cheap

 
At July 27, 2010 at 10:14 PM , Blogger Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

What a fun post! Congrats on all the awards! I always like getting to know other bloggers better :-)

I'm a big dreamer and an organizer too, however I cannot boast about being a self-starter all the time, because I am a bit of a procrastinator...

Gorgeous photo!

 
At July 27, 2010 at 11:49 PM , Blogger Apt. #34 said...

Thank you so much for the award my dear. Truly appreciated. And do you mind if I take the challenge too - I think it's just brilliant!

 
At July 28, 2010 at 4:06 AM , Blogger Piper Larson said...

Your photo is adorable! Congrats on your much-deserved awards! And thanks so much for the mention. Have a happy day!
XO Piper

 
At July 28, 2010 at 6:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the award Bella! Congratulations to you on all of your awards. I loveed your photo choice and enjoyed learning more about you.
I once was in design meeting and the President of the company said, "dream big or go home". That was a pretty fantastic statement if you ask me. XO Mish

 
At July 28, 2010 at 7:48 AM , Blogger Carrie said...

Congrats on all your awards Shannon, you deserve each and every one. I adore each of your posts and am thankful for the time you put into each of them.
I am off to work on my challenge right now, how fun! Thank you for thinking of me :)

 
At July 28, 2010 at 9:28 AM , Blogger SabinePsynopsis said...

Short & sweet & to the point... Love your 6 character traits and the picture does show a lovely critical thinker!
Congratulations to all your award. You and your beautiful blog definitely deserve them; & thank you so much for the award. I'm always very touched when someone thinks of me. xo

 
At July 28, 2010 at 10:43 AM , Anonymous goldene said...

congratulations on all the awards.

and: merci!
(i'm honestly flattered)

 
At July 28, 2010 at 7:30 PM , Blogger THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Congrats on all of the awards! And that photo is absolutely adorable.

Hope you had a lovely day!

 
At July 29, 2010 at 7:59 AM , Blogger DEva Weddings said...

Congratulations on your awards!! All extremely deserved :)

 
At August 6, 2010 at 10:37 PM , Blogger jules @ The Diversion Project said...

Ah, that's so colol. Thanks heaps!!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home