The Simply Luxurious Life®: A Stunning Entrance  

July 27, 2010

A Stunning Entrance

Stairs, staircases, or even just a few steps can make such a silent announcement upon anyone appearing on them.  Whether the descending of a young teenage girl to meet her date, or a bride seemingly gliding down a grand set of stairs toward her groom, the announcement of something special, something unique, can be tied to the sole ability of the architect’s staircase.

While simple steps can be a default, there are so many design elements from which to choose that can speak volumes of the home’s inhabitants.  The railing, the floor coverings, the lighting, what lines the wall – the choices are quite numerous.

For this week’s Rooms of Inspiration, I’ve collected a handful of stairs, some continue on for more than just a few floors and one is simply a few steps up to a dining room.  However, they all appear to make their own statement.  Enjoy.

{Just a reminder that there is still time to sign up for The Simply Luxurious Life newsletter.  Not only will you receive your weekly issue, but on Sunday, August’s issue will also be sent out.  The theme will be revolving around prepping your fall wardrobe, keeping in mind everything that the designers have brought to our attention.  I do hope you’ll sign up – simply enter your first name and email address in the upper left-hand column.}

Images: (1) Piper Pearl Page (2) Decor Pad (3) Elle Decor (4) Source (5) Elle Decor (6) Source (7) Source (8) Source

Labels:

16 Comments:

At July 27, 2010 at 2:04 AM , Blogger joana said...

OMG! That first entrance is speachless

 
At July 27, 2010 at 2:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful and charming!

 
At July 27, 2010 at 3:06 AM , Blogger Carmen said...

Beautiful!

 
At July 27, 2010 at 4:04 AM , Blogger Piper Larson said...

So beautiful! Makes me wish I lived in a two-story home!
XO Piper

 
At July 27, 2010 at 6:05 AM , Blogger Nikki said...

That first one is breathtaking!


xx
Nikki

 
At July 27, 2010 at 6:06 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

The first entrance is amazing! I have stairs in my duplex but the are long and sometimes a pain to go up and down, but these are lovely!

 
At July 27, 2010 at 6:09 AM , Blogger Leia said...

Ohmygosh, I LOVE beautiful staircases. All the ones you featured are breathtaking but the first and last are my favorites!

Leia

 
At July 27, 2010 at 6:14 AM , Blogger Carrie said...

My favorite is the dining area and kitchen one, fab.

 
At July 27, 2010 at 7:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy staircase! That first one has me hooked.

 
At July 27, 2010 at 7:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to find a stair runner that looks like that black and white tile. I have been remodeling a house for the last year. It has been such and exciting transformation. Now that the wood floors have been refinished expresso I need a fabulous staircase runner. Thanks for the inspiration. xo Mish

 
At July 27, 2010 at 8:22 AM , Blogger RealBeauty said...

I LOVE these photos! I especially love the tile work on the stairs in the second picture!

 
At July 27, 2010 at 8:24 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

That top image is incredible!

 
At July 27, 2010 at 9:25 AM , Anonymous goldene said...

the staircase in the first picture is simply beautiful...

by the way: thank you for your the lovely comments on my blog.

 
At July 27, 2010 at 9:28 AM , Blogger THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

They're all so beautiful but that first one takes the cake! Stunning!

 
At July 27, 2010 at 10:27 AM , Blogger jisabird said...

I love the mixed tiles in the second photo. My In-Laws did something similar in one of their houses and now I'm wishing I had snagged a picture.

Thank you for your comments on my blog, I also subscribed to your newsletter as well.

Cheers!
J.

 
At July 27, 2010 at 11:54 AM , Blogger Jackie said...

I want all of those staircases!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home