The Simply Luxurious Life®: Cups of Tea 5/30-6/5  

June 6, 2010

Cups of Tea 5/30-6/5

A tray of tea, a delightful book, and fresh flowers – a fantastic way to begin a Sunday – leisurely and immersing myself in a few passions.  Saturday tends to be the day to play and catch up around the house, while Sunday is whatever I need it to be depending upon the week.  This week – easing into the day gradually, a brisk three mile walk to begin to gear up for my marathon training which will be starting in a few weeks and some much needed organizing.  What does your Sunday look like?

This week’s Cups of Tea offer up quite a bit of self-improvement tips in the areas of fashion “viva la France”, fitness and finding opportunity.  Also, this week’s inspiration is a pleasure to share – images and more than a handful of things to ponder, I think you’ll find at least one (if not more) that will speak to you.  And of course, a recipe that will help you put to good use what you’ve found at the farmer’s market.  Enjoy reading.

 

1. No Need for A Fortune Cookie

One of the blogs on my Google homepage is Mary Jaksch’s Goodlife Zen.  Anything to bring more calm and help to propel us to our best life is something I gravitate towards.  Mary shares a handful of tips on how to cultivate a life that is full of good fortune, and they’re easier than you think.  Have a look.

 

2. Yum-O!

I came across Mary’s Delightful Bitefuls this past week as she posted a few lovely comments (thank you!).  As soon as I visited her blog, I knew my kitchen skills would have to attempt her recipes.  The Rice, Asparagus and Avocado Salad looks not only filling, but so colorful, I can’t wait to give a try.  And then, immediately after posted this recipe, she posted chocolate oatmeal almost candy bars – oh, that will be a comfort food recipe I will be making most definitely.  Have a look by clicking the header above or the image below to discover this recipe as well as many more.

 

3. French Rules to Live By

My Francophile desires and passions are quenched a bit whenever I visit The HiP Paris blog.  Tori Hoen recently posted seven rules that anyone who plans on acclimating to the French way of life should seriously consider.  The one that I know I would have absolutely no problem adapting to would be the need to wear scarves at all times.  Done!  I can most certainly do that.  Click on the header above or the photo below to read up before you take your next flight to Paris.

 

 5. Simple Changes for An Improved Day

Zen to Fitness reveals ten things that will bring better health, fitness, and ultimately a better life if only we have the tenacity to try them.  A blog with a beautifully simple template and an enjoyable read, take a minute to stop by, I think you might like it.

 

5. A Tremendous Dose of Inspiration

If you haven’t visited Tiptoe Butterfly by the lovely Miss Erica, take a moment to do so.  Whether it is in regards to fashion, home decor or inspiration, as you will see based on this post, she brings energy to the page.  This week’s inspiration as I said before, isn’t just one quote, but many with images to match.  Enjoy and be inspired!

 

Images: (1)  nice-shrubbery (2) Hey Jao (4) Style Fish

5 Comments:

At June 6, 2010 at 1:21 AM , Blogger Mary @Delightful Bitefuls said...

What an absolutely, delightful surprise it was to come check up on you and read those lovely words about me.... I'm blushing! Thank you so much :)

I'm should probably fall asleep so I can wake up and start my relaxing Sunday, too! Although tomorrow may involve some spring cleaning - our closet needs to get attacked :) And the gym... and probably some baking ;)

As always, love your blog, your pictures and inspirations, all your posts and always appreciate your kind, thoughtful words :)

xxMK
Delightful Bitefuls

 
At June 6, 2010 at 7:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely post! I'm going to make some tea now - that's what this day needs exactly - in my grandmother's beautiful bone china tea tea cup!

And, maybe I should try the scarf accessorizing. I do it in the winter with the ones I knit - it is amazing how one item can change how people see you.

What a lovely post for a day where I just do not want to step foot out of my house!

 
At June 6, 2010 at 7:56 AM , Blogger Lizzie said...

Heading off to check out that salad recipe! Sounds like your Sunday is wonderful so far, hope it stays that way all day. Stopping by from SITS.

 
At June 6, 2010 at 11:21 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Mary - happy to have found your blog. I am going to be making those chocolate oatmeal bars today and I can't wait!

Blue Cotton Memory - sounds like a perfect day. Enjoy!

 
At June 6, 2010 at 6:38 PM , Blogger Lissa Pierce said...

Thanks for the link to Tiptoe Butterfly. I am always looking for new blogs and she has a great one. You do as well!!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home