The Simply Luxurious Life®: Pretty Girls Smile  

April 8, 2010

Pretty Girls Smile

Last night I was greeted with a surprise visit from a friend who I haven’t seen in awhile, and I have to say what a boost to the middle of the week.  To be wined and dined, and more importantly to have treasured and enjoyable conversation with someone who makes it easy to carry on a worthwhile discussion was quite a treat.  Keeping in mind it was a surprise, my wardrobe left me looking for something more, but then again I’m always looking for excuse to bolster my closet.

I was hoping to look as confident as the above image . . .

. . . but felt more like hiding behind an umbrella.

However, I was genuinely enjoying myself, so therefore, I kept the above quote in mind. 

Have an absolutely lovely treasured Thursday.  I will be treasuring mine tonight at home, cozied up on the couch with maybe a bite or two of ice cream, catching up on my guilty pleasures saved on my DVR and looking forward to Friday ushering in the weekend.  What does your Thursday evening look like?

Images: (1) We Heart It (2) Nonsense Society (3) We Heart It

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At April 8, 2010 at 6:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great quote and great outlook, sometimes I just feel like hiding behind something!

 
At April 8, 2010 at 7:44 AM , Blogger Couture Carrie said...

So fun, darling!
Lovely pics!

xoxox,
CC

 
At April 8, 2010 at 9:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, what a sweet little tale. I love meeting up with friends I haven't seen in a while!

http://www.margaritareczek.com

 
At April 8, 2010 at 8:29 PM , Blogger Karena said...

A fabulous quote to remember! Girl time is the best!

Karena
Art by Karena

 
At April 8, 2010 at 10:09 PM , Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

What a lovely surprise!

...and beautifully illustrated in such dramatic photos. That quote is perfect -- I truly believe that beauty and prettiness radiate from the inside out :)

Tonight, I went out for sushi with my entire family, came home, cozied up in my robe, ice cream, and a good movie. Hope you had a wonderful night as well!

xo

 
At April 8, 2010 at 10:55 PM , Blogger caitlinmarie said...

I had such a tired, cranky day, and it was so amazing to walk up to my doorstep to find your package! What a generous giveaway, thank you so much. I am spending my evening curled up on the couch with a glass of wine, catching up on gossip girl (guilty pleasure), eating toffees! and pouring over my two new favorite books... already want to cook everything in Ina's, can't believe I didn't own this already!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home