The Simply Luxurious Life®: Cups of Tea (4/4 – 4/10)  

April 11, 2010

Cups of Tea (4/4 – 4/10)

Sunday, Sunday. Welcome Sunday!  It is my sincere hope that your week has been filled with wonderful surprises, both big and small.  Often times we rush around so hurriedly that it is easy to forget the things in our lives to be grateful for.   A few things I must say that I am grateful for are my continued access to a warm cup of tea, new magazines to flip through and the time to enjoy the sun as it streams through the windows. What might you put on your list of things to be grateful for this week?

As you ponder this thought, have a look at this week’s Cups of Tea.  Here’s what I have in store for you:  an opportunity to bring more calm into your life, simple bits of inspiration to improve your fabulous life even more, a scrumptious something special to nibble on, a bit of nostalgia and a suggestion as to why it is okay not to have all the answers all the time.

A quick heads up - next week’s Cups of Tea will reveal my next giveaway, so be sure to stop back by.

 

1. A Vacation of Calm

Often times our lives become so encumbered by technology that we forget the beauty that nature has to extend to us if only we open our eyes.  Located in Tennessee is the  BlackBerry Farm which offers seemingly endless opportunities for guests to take a breath and get away from the hustle and bustle.  Erin of Elements of Style shared this past week a bevy of images both of the interior and exterior views one would have the pleasure of basking in upon arriving.  This might be a place you’ll want to bookmark for an upcoming vacation when you just want to get away from it all.  Have a look.

 

2. Be Inspired to Grow  

In search of some inspiration this week, I came across a post on Life Hack that prompted me to take out my own pen and notepad to scribble down the many suggestions one might attempt to improve their lives.  Celestine, of The Personal Excellence Blog, wrote a fascinating guest blog suggesting simple ways in which we can slowly, but surely, create the life we have envisioned for ourselves.  I have a feeling you’ll find at least one or two ideas you’ll want to jot down as well.  Have a look.  

 

3. A Slice . . . Maybe Two?

Once again, Deb of Smitten Kitchen has shared with her readers a recipe I couldn’t just click past.  I immediately saved this delectable and eye-catching New York Cheesecake recipe for what will hopefully be successful dinner parties in the near future.

 

4. A Bit of Nostalgia  

A blog I have been following for a couple of months now and intensely enjoy because of all the memories it conjures up of my own trip to Paris is the HiP Paris Blog.  A handful of writers have teamed up to create a beautiful collection of visits to favorite restaurants, events, sites and simply share experiences had in the famous City of Lights.  The post I selected to share this week was written by Tory Hoen titled “Bravo L’Américaine” in which she describes some of her first experiences having arrived in Paris.  Oh, the memories it brings back. 

 

5. Have Patience

This week Elements of Style is showcased twice, but I just couldn’t help myself.  For many of us, certain quotations grab us due to the events that are going on in our lives at that particular time, and while I am always striving to be more patient in all areas of my life, I felt I would drive it home a bit this week by sharing this passage with you.  I find it to be very true and something to keep in mind when I feel that things just aren’t happening according to my “life plan”.  If you would like even more inspiration click here.

Images: (1) - We Heart It  (3) We Heart It

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At April 11, 2010 at 6:25 AM , Anonymous Tory said...

Hi there. Thank you so much for linking to my "Bravo l'Americaine" blog! So glad you're enjoying Hip Paris, and I can't wait to read through your blog. - Tory

 
At April 11, 2010 at 8:41 AM , Blogger red ticking said...

so happy to have found your blog today... you and i will become good friends... have a wonderful day xx

 
At April 11, 2010 at 11:43 AM , Anonymous Kitchen Butterfly said...

What a superb 5 tips/things to share! Thank you

 
At April 11, 2010 at 4:27 PM , Blogger OneCraftyFox said...

Lovely post, happy Sunday!

 
At May 17, 2010 at 7:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I checked the post behind 'Be inspired to grow' and it is a wonderful, encouraging article. Like you, I took a pen and wrote the tips down, I think will help me to grow and I have to admit that are not just a few. I like the tips 'Get out of your comfort zone' and 'Acknowledge your flaws' most. Actually I know most of this for my own, but sometimes you just need to read it from someone else, to really get it. I'm very excited about tip #32 Start a 30-day-challenge and #26 Start a journal. I always feel weird/embarrased of having a journal, but Celestine changed my view point. Hm, now I have to buy a journal and think about something that is worth a 30-day-challenge!
You changed something or grow in something because of this article?

xoxo Sandra
http://glamirrorous.com

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home