The Simply Luxurious Life®: Cups of Tea (4/11-4/17)  

April 18, 2010

Cups of Tea (4/11-4/17)

Just as I sat down to type, the thunder began to rumble, and I could hear the slapping of the raindrops as they met the ground.  The scent was intoxicating.  If someone could bottle it, I would be an immediate customer. Thus the image below.

This week’s Cups of Tea offers an opportunity to become a bit more organized, a wonderful pasta dish, creative ideas with a unique accessory, a sneak peek of a beloved fashion magazine’s next issue and some food for thought. Enjoy perusing and your drink of choice this morning.

 

1.How to Be Better Organized

Thanks to a reference by Sasha of Everything Fabulous, I came across a post on Deliciously Organized that will hopefully lead to an even better organization system than I already have.  Tiffany and Carlee accumulated beautiful photos to pair with their 10 Habits from Highly Organized People.  Isn’t the photo below unique?  A stack of books, seriously, a stack of books. Wow!

 

2. Get Ready For Spring Recipe 

I am a sucker for pasta, if you haven’t already noticed from previous posts.  So when I learned of this recipe by Big Girls, Small Kitchen through their newsletter, I had to include it.  They label it as a recipe for one, but it could easily be multiplied for a couple or even a dinner party.  Click on the header above or the image below for the recipe of Lemon Fettuccine with Bacon & Chives.

 

3. A Bit of Peacock Beauty

Since becoming a follower of Simply Luxurious on Twitter, DEva Weddings has been an ardent supporter, and I couldn’t be more appreciative.  Recently, one of their posts grabbed my attention with its creativity and whimsy.  What you will see when you click on the header or image below is a collection of images sharing a variety of ways to incorporate the beauty of the peacock into your wedding, your decor, or your flower arrangements.  Have a look, I have a feeling you will be impressed.

 

4. A Beautiful Peek

Harper’s Bazaar is one of my many favorite fashion magazines, and I do look forward to receiving it every month.  Sasha of Everything Fabulous gave her readers a quick peek before it hits newsstands and also shared a few excerpts from the write up.

 

5. What Would You Do?

I know I’ve used Laura from Under the Sheets . . . shh’s quotes before, but I must say, I truly find her choice of aphorisms, as well as her commentary on each one that she chooses, quite insightful.  At the end of each week, without fail, I know I can look to her website for my weekly dose of inspiration.  Thank you Laura. This image poses a fantastic question to us all.  Be sure to click on the image, however, to read Laura’s thoughts on her choice.  But sincerely, what would you do?

Image: (1) - We Heart It

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At April 18, 2010 at 10:06 AM , Blogger DEva Weddings said...

Thank you SO very much for mentioning us in "Cups of Tea". I absolutely LOVE your blog and I'm so flattered that you enjoyed my post :)

 
At April 18, 2010 at 10:44 AM , Blogger deliciously organized said...

Thanks for the mention. Isn't that tower of books wild? I can't imagine having that in my home! That peacock photograph is stunning and so stylish!

 
At April 18, 2010 at 12:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You are such a doll!!! Thank you so much for the mention!! J'adore you cup of teas...!! I am always discovering something new!! thanks for the inspiration!!!
Hope you are having a fabulous relaxing Sunday!!

 
At April 18, 2010 at 2:25 PM , Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

these are great posts, thank you so much darling! Hope you are having a great day xo

 
At April 18, 2010 at 10:05 PM , Blogger Gwen Driscoll said...

I just wanted to stop by and thank you so much for your kind remarks on RHS. I really appreciate. So love all my blog friends.

Have a great week.

G

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home