The Simply Luxurious Life®: Peek In My Purse  

April 15, 2010

Peek In My Purse

Last week I decided to take on the challenge "Bag, Tag, Bag" offered by Fallon of a lovely being  and  reveal to you, my readers, what accompanies me on my day to day adventures.  So here we go!  

While the purse itself isn't nearly as luxurious as a Hermès  Kelly Handbag or a Birkin, it has served me well during these past few winter months.  Nine West is always one of my dependable go-to stores when I need a simple change of seasons tote that will work well going to work or poking around in boutiques on the weekends. And undoubtedly, I was struck by the plum that was so prevalent last fall as well. In taking these photos while the sun was streaming in, it came to my attention that it's time to search for my spring bag.  (Couldn't be more thrilled to have a necessity to shop for!)

As far as what is inside this day to day bag of mine: 

*Jason Epstein's memoir Eating - the recipes are written as though they are stories - such a unique style.

*Hobo's clutch - an unexpected birthday present that makes me smile just looking at - love the colors!

*A scarf - for the ever moody weather we've been having recently, besides I don't need an excuse to wear a scarf - one of my favorite accessories, even if I do have to take this one off when I reach my destination.

*PaperBlanks idea journal - I always need something to write down ideas in for Simply Luxurious, thoughts, quotes I come across, things to add to my shopping lists, movies and books I need to pick up and read/see and this serves as the perfect size.

*Bobbi Brown lip gloss - simple, lovely - necessary!

*My pretend blackberry - enV3 phone and Palm Pilot - someday, they will meld into one. Twitter was tweeting away as I took the photos.

*Fiji water - something I always need to drink more of.


*wine bottle opener - During my first trip to France, I picked up this key chain/wine bottle opener, and it has been with me for over ten years.  Can't say I've ever used it, but it's a great conversation starter.

*hair accessories - sometimes my hair just has a mind of its own, but this way, it still looks fabulous.

*Altoids Smalls - perfect size

*Crabtree & Evelyn lotion

*my old house key - love the unique look (although the picture doesn't do it justice) and the reminder of what I get to go home to.

*ball point pen - why did I ever write with anything else?

*business cards - with the help of Zazzle

A work in progress, as you can see.  Always looking to add a bit more luxury little by little. 

I must extend a thank you to Fallon for forcing me to be honest about what hides inside a woman's most private possession. And to extend the same invitation that was offered to me, to any of my readers, let me know if you'd like to post your bag for Bag, Tag, Bag - I'd love to have a peek and I'm sure your readers would as well.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At April 15, 2010 at 4:26 AM , Blogger ticklishfromadistance said...

My handbag is it's own country!

 
At April 15, 2010 at 5:57 AM , Blogger Couture Carrie said...

Very chic bag and contents, darling!

xoxox,
CC

 
At April 15, 2010 at 6:23 AM , Blogger Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

These posts are so fun! I was tagged for one of these, now I just need to get myself organized and post it!

 
At April 15, 2010 at 8:54 AM , Blogger Angela said...

I try to lighten my load recently. I used to bring everything but the kitchen sink. : )

 
At April 15, 2010 at 4:40 PM , Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

i love these bag posts, thanks for sharing! btw, I really like your business cards :) xoxo

 
At April 15, 2010 at 5:01 PM , Blogger olivia parker said...

love seeing what in people's bags, I will have to do a post soon, be sure to check it out xx
www.olivia-parker.blogspot.com

 
At April 15, 2010 at 5:09 PM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Olivia - Can't wait to see what's inside your bag!!!

 
At April 15, 2010 at 7:50 PM , Blogger Gwen Driscoll said...

I LOVE your business cards! They are precious, just precious. Thank you for always stopping by RHS. I really appreciate it. Hope you have a great weekend.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home