The Simply Luxurious Life®: All Things Jenna Lyons  

April 22, 2010

All Things Jenna Lyons



Jenna Lyons’ name has been the catch phrase of the day as of late, and while I’ve been a fan of J.Crew for quite some time, I have never been more of a cheerleader for the company since their creativity and style has been taken up more than just a few notches with the imagination of Executive Fashion Director Jenna Lyons.

I can still easily recall ordering my casual attire in college from J.Crew (mind you, this was ten years ago), and now, fast-forward to present day, my closet is dripping with the revamped fashions - many of their feminine silk camisoles, extra long favorite merino cardigans, dresses, and belts.  Needless to say, I am thrilled with the direction of J.Crew and am even more impressed with Jenna Lyons each time I learn something else about her. 

Full disclosure:  the simple fact that a woman who gracefully and fashionably at 6’0” wears heels day in and day out and looks as stunning as she does, had me from the first few pages of Domino.  After all, I too am a bit on the tall side (5’10”, some argue 5’11”), so it is with admiration and adoration that I write this post. 

I have tried to bundle photos of Jenna’s effortless style, along with her beautiful home and magazine covers that she has appeared upon.  A tremendous thank you to Habitually Chic’s post back in August who included images from Domino and Livingetc magazines as well as photos from Levinson David Architects . Click here for a direct link to Heather Clawson’s post on Habitually Chic.  She does a fantastic job of detailing the interior design choices regarding furniture, paint and photography angles. Also, I’ve included a handful of other posts that include interviews and even more photos.  


Photographed for the Huffington Post by Brandon Perlman. Click here to read more.


At her home in Brooklyn– a conversion of an entire extra bedroom to a closet – I could waste many hours dreaming and creating my own fashion show in a room such as this.

Early in her career.


On Oprah recently (April 21, 2010), Jenna shared a few of the fashion rules she lives by that everyone could benefit from following.
  • Make a statement with jewelry.
  • Balance feminine pieces with tomboy accents, like a military blazer.
  • Wear opposites. If you're wearing something tailored, sprinkle in some sequins.
  • Mix textures—pair tweed with silk, for example.


"I'm in heels 90 percent of the time- I wear them with sweatpants. Being tall is fun, and there's something nice about not only being tall but then making yourself appear even taller."  from post on J.Crew Aficionada










This particular setting is what grabbed my attention above all else in her home – so serene, the abundance of light and calming colors with the use of white and cream.




An overwhelming amount of images, but inspiring to know that by continuing to following one’s passions and loves, dreams can become reality.

If you would like to learn a bit more about Jenna Lyons,  below are a few articles I have collected:

*Article from Fashionista in May 2008
*J.Crew Aholics post “Read up on Jenna Lyons from J.Crew
*Flashback: Jenna Lyons in 2006 via JCBelleMarie
*Yesterday, Jenna appeared on Oprah and generously allowed cameras to film A Day in the Life of Jenna Lyons. Have a look.


I fell in love with Jenna’s choice of top for both her video on Oprah as well as her appearance on the show, and I couldn’t have been happier when I found it was only $36 - Vintage Bateau Top - J.Crew. (shown above)

She also paired this top with a fantastic pair of gold sequin pants.  Sounds insane, but if you had seen it (click on the video link above to see for yourself), you would have been impressed.  The combination worked perfectly on her lanky frame. Thanks to a heads up from a reader, I learned that the gold sequin pants are only available in the NYC J.Crew bridal boutique and not online – so if you’re interested, pack up and head to the Big Apple!

To my favorite day of the week – Thursday – may it be as lovely for you as it has been for me.  Enjoy your day!


Images: (1) L.A. Story (5) - J.CrewAholics (6) - Guest of a Guest (7) – Source (8) - The Iconic Blog (9) – Source (23) Domino

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At April 22, 2010 at 5:57 AM , Blogger Couture Carrie said...

Love these pics and her fashion advice! Also, I totally covet her job!

xoxox,
CC

 
At April 22, 2010 at 6:05 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Couture Carrie - Her job would be a dream, wouldn't it? Until then, I blog. =)

 
At April 22, 2010 at 6:35 AM , Blogger Kitty Deschanel said...

Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos. I used to love Domino magazine. *Sigh*

Lamb’s Most Recent Post: Woot, Woot! Party at the 2010 HGTV Green Home!

 
At April 24, 2010 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

I love her style! Her decorating style is similar to my own + I very much like what she has done for J.Crew -- as a company, she has transitioned them so well, and has brought in such great ideas. Lovely post :)

 
At May 2, 2010 at 1:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you please tell me who makes her gold sequin pants that she wore on the Oprah segment!!!?? Love them!

 
At May 2, 2010 at 5:34 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Anonymous - I, as well as a handful of other bloggers, have been trying to figure this very thing out - where did she get the gold sequin pants - I have yet to find out however. The best answer I have found is that they are from J.Crew, but I still can't find them anywhere on their site. If ever I find out, I will be sure to post it. In the meantime, I'm keeping my eyes and ear peeled for the answer. =)

 
At June 29, 2010 at 2:04 PM , Anonymous Cami Cilento said...

Hi!!! You are not going to find the sequin pants on JCREW website because they are a limited edition available only at their new bridal store in NY! I bought them on my last trip! See the pictures of the actual pants on this post: http://www.iamleaving2day.com/2010/06/jcrew-bridal-um-sonho-de-colecao-e-um.html .

 
At August 3, 2010 at 12:14 PM , Anonymous anna said...

oh those pants are really nice!

 
At October 15, 2010 at 1:19 PM , Blogger more said...

CHE BLOG MERAVIGLIOSO...COMPLIMENTI DALL' ITALIA

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home