The Simply Luxurious Life®: Rooms of Soothing Inspiration  

April 20, 2010

Rooms of Soothing Inspiration

Last week my May 2010 Elle Decor magazine arrived and with it a look inside the home of Ellen Pompeo and her husband Chris Ivery's Mediterranean Revival style residence set in the Hollywood Hills.  Purchased in early 2006, this 8,081 square-foot 5-bedroom mansion was recently renovated with the help of Martyn Lawrence-Bullard, who coincidentally lives just around the corner.

While my decorating style doesn't typically sway toward the Spanish inspired side, I found myself ogling at their home.  I believe it had something to do with the casual, yet tranquil decor that is clean and neutral, but at the same time full of personality.  I'm also very partial to oversized old-fashion bathtubs, so when I glanced at their bathroom, I knew I was hooked. 

Instead of listening to my continued ramblings, why not have a look for yourself.  I'll be curious to know what you think.  A few of the photos below (the bathroom being one of them) was one of the few I couldn't find online, so I resorted to taking a photo from my magazine.  Enjoy your tour.


 




So many lovely photos - a pool that seems to beg someone to dive in and the dining room table looks perfect for a large gathering of friends and family.  In fact, as Pompeo puts it, "This house is perfect for our family.  It's all about swimming, eating, and hanging out with friends.  Martyn jokes that we live like college kids - people are coming and going all the time.  What can I say?  It's a happy place."  And isn't that what we all truly want when decorating our home?

Here's hoping that your Tuesday is full of inspiration, a bit of calm and the opportunity to complete at least one major task on the to do list.  Have a wonderful day and a welcome to my new readers. So thrilled to have you stop by for a chance to relax, reflect and hopefully smile a bit more.


Images courtesy of Elle Decor and Everett Fenton Gidley

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At April 20, 2010 at 3:55 AM , Blogger Pauline Wiles said...

Agreed - what a charming home. I love that huge piece of art in the kitchen, and the swimming pool looks just perfect for a Sunday afternoon!

 
At April 20, 2010 at 5:46 AM , Blogger Couture Carrie said...

What a gorgeous home!
Love the pool!

xoxox,
CC

 
At April 20, 2010 at 9:30 AM , Blogger Iva Messy said...

wow so beautiful! and I think they are a darling family!

 
At April 20, 2010 at 11:29 AM , Blogger Melissa Haak said...

Stopping by from SITS. Your site is beautiful, I love all your sketches. You certainly brightened my day!

 
At April 21, 2010 at 10:40 PM , Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

What a gracious and inviting home! Though, I don't think I would ever want to leave that pool -- it's too lovely!

Thanks for another fabulous post :)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home