The Simply Luxurious Life®: Weekly Cups of Tea (2/14-2/20)  

February 21, 2010

Weekly Cups of Tea (2/14-2/20)

What a week!  A short week in logistical terms, but it packed a full punch of meetings and long hours. Thankfully though, many positive moments were found amongst the chaos.  I hope your week, however long it was, was one that brought many moments of pleasure and optimism no matter how busy.

Through the hectic pace I wanted to make sure I caught glimpses of the many collections on display in New York.  It appears that it was a very successful week that has me itching and ready to get out and shake up my closet.  Can’t wait for my budget to catch up to my day dreams!

I am continually finding new blogs that bring a positive spin to this thing we call life in their own unique way, and I’ve included a few of their posts below.  I also repeatedly find inspiration in my go-to favorites, so what you will find this week is a little bit of everything.  Enjoy perusing through my selected favorites from this past week.

 

1. Moody Office Space

A Life More Fabulous posted an idea that I, when I have more time, am thinking about trying in my own office when it comes to the decor surrounding my desk. Especially for us creative types, we must be inspired when we sit down to write, and if the atmosphere is monotonous where does that lead us?  Click on the heading above to see how one artist keeps it fresh in her office.

 

 

2. French Bread Anyone?

At the beginning of the week Fabulously French taught me something quite interesting about the French culture.  Did you know that boulangeries are prohibited from using any preservatives in their bread?  It’s no wonder that delicious bread is innately associated with France.  Click on the heading above to learn a few more interesting facts about bread and how it is produced in France.  I think I will be picking up a fresh baquette with dinner tonight.  Bon soir!

 

3. Channeling Brigitte Bardot

Sticking with a French theme for another moment, Sasha of Everything Fabulous posted some fabulous pictures that are reminiscent of the ever beautiful Brigitte Bardot.  Adorned with the bouffant hair, headband, charcoaled eyes, along with gorgeous looks, it only seems right to wear the nautical navy and white stripes.  This is just one of the many beautiful photos. Click on the photo or header to view them all.

 

4. What Really Is Making Us Fat?

Struggling to be Stylish broached an intriguing question that has been floating around in the blogosphere, news media and conversational world lately, and I’d be curious to know what you think.  Do kitchens that open up to the dining room, living room, what have you, promote overeating?  Read her post to get the big picture, and I’d love to hear your opinion. It certainly gave me a moment of pause.

 

5. An Inspiring Thought

This week I’d like to end with a bit of inspiration from a fellow blogger.  Under the Sheets . . . shhh is a blog I recently came across, and am glad to have done so.  Her thoughts are positive and her insights honest. Click on the above heading or the photo below to read her inspiring words of optimism.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At February 21, 2010 at 10:35 AM , Blogger Couture Carrie said...

Amazing post, darling!
Love that pic of Bardot!
And now I need a baguette too!

xoxox,
CC

 
At February 21, 2010 at 11:59 AM , Anonymous The Neo-Traditionalist said...

So glad you introduced yourself and led me to your darling blog! Though I grew up in California, I've yet to make it up to Oregon so I'll just have to live vicariously through you till I make it out for a visit! Love all these posts---especially the one about French bread. When I spent a summer in Provence my French host mother and I used to ride bicycles to the boulangerie every morning to fetch the most lovely, delicious, fresh bread. Oh the memories! XO

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home