The Simply Luxurious Life®: Weekly Cups of Tea (1/19 –1/24)  

January 24, 2010

Weekly Cups of Tea (1/19 –1/24)

The blogosphere is full of a plethora of gifted writers, but for me, at the end of a busy work day, I find comfort in viewing blogs that lighten my day, make me smile, inspire me to improve myself and at the same time make me believe I can indeed do it.  I have a long list of favorite blogs, but this week the five you will see listed below each had a post that stuck with me for one reason or another.  Simply click on the header and it will take you to the post that I enjoyed. Have a wonderful day.

1. Better Body Image

Wouldn’t a better image of what you look like boost your mood, bolster your confidence and eliminate a bit of self-imposed stress? Bob Greene’s Best Life blog provides four simple tips to help.(click on the link above)

(Image Source)

 

 

2. Random Rainy Day

Photo from Newshopper.sulekha.com

Slim Paley brought a smile and a few chuckles to my day as I scrolled through her list of random thoughts.  Her site consistently includes fabulous photos whether from other photographs or from her own backyard (which is bursting with the colors of spring since she lives in Santa Barbara).  Oh, how I envy those who don’t have to suffer winter’s wrath!

3. WIne, Fire, & Friends

Catie of Through the Walla Walla Grapevine described a lovely way to enjoy good company, wine and a luxurious local establishment. Since reading her post I have made plans to stop by The Marcus Whitman Hotel with a good friend in order to take in the ambiance of the fireplace with a glass of wine in their Vineyard Lounge.  Thanks Catie for the tip!

 

4.Seductive New Find

Earlier this week I found a great blog that I am now find myself reading daily.  Simply Seductive has a bounty of wonderful photographs that are creative and of a variety of genres (fashion, design, life). Take a peak by clicking on the link below.  You may just enjoy it as well.

(Courtesy of Simply Seductive blog, image from Imgfav)

 

5. Muffin Anyone?

 

Pinch My Salt posted these delicious looking White Whole Wheat Flour Blueberry muffins that make my mouth water. Upon perusing her blog, you will find a recipe box full of ideas of just about anything you desire to whip up in the kitchen.  Also, her Wordless Wednesdays are enjoyable posts that are a welcomed calm to the loquacious world we live in.  Bon Appetite!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 24, 2010 at 4:35 AM , Blogger Audrey Allure said...

mm muffins :) and adore your find on simple seductive, will be checking that out :)

 
At January 26, 2010 at 12:26 AM , Blogger Slim Paley said...

Thank you for the mention and your kind words, Stylish Young Lady From Rural Oregon. I am so happy that my blog brings a smile to your day!
The pursuit of all things lovely, cozy and joyful is indeed a worthy one!
Cheers,
Slim Paley

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home