The Simply Luxurious Life®: Can't Live Without  

January 17, 2010

Can't Live Without

The essential item in my wardrobe that I’m realizing I can’t live without, and am not quite sure how I lived without it for so long, is the cardigan . Whether it be long or a boyfriend style, a cardigan can dress-up, class-up, or simply cover-up any outfit that is missing that extra “something”. Here are a few ways in which a cardigan can spice up your wardrobe.


Add a touch of class to dress up for dinner out on the town. -Blake Lively, courtesy of Couture in the City blog


To bring balance to an outfit with skinny jeans, add a cardigan. -Jessica Simpson


When traveling, a cardigan allows you to be comfortable, yet still stylish. -Julianne Hough


A short sleeved cardigan in a perfect neutral color (navy) for a spring or fall day. -Katie Holmes


A punch of color to a monochromatic outfit. -Vanessa Hudgens


Paired with jeans, a cami and statement making heels, a cardigan is a lovely accessory. -Kate Hudson,
courtesy of Couture in the City blog
Throw on a cardigan for a day of shopping, brunch with friends or anytime the weather is a bit temperamental. -Veronica Webb



Comfortable and yet stylish, few things can provide both. -Zoe Saldana

The cardigan that I have in my closet currently is J.Crew's forever cardigan, and I am absolutely thrilled with the versatility it brings to my wardrobe. Whether it be over a cami for drinks out with friends or over a t-shirt for garage sale hunting, I feel pulled together and ready for just about anything. I have a feeling I will be purchasing more as I am realizing they are great in both summer and winter, and I will be needing more in spring.

What's your "go-to" wardrobe item?

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 15, 2010 at 11:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, the cardigan is the item, which should not miss in a wardrobe. I use it for an casual evening in a bar at the beach, for traveling (why it is always so cold in the plane?), to clad my hips when I've a 'bad' day or just to feel comfortable at home. A cardigan is the perfect all rounder and you always look put together!

xoxo Sandra
http://glamirrorous.com

 
At November 18, 2012 at 3:08 AM , Anonymous Daniela said...

I love cardigans, too! Just the other day, I found a great italian merino wool cardigan in a second hand shop - my new favourite piece for only a couple of euros.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home