The Simply Luxurious Life®: The Perfect PJ’s  

January 23, 2010

The Perfect PJ’s

 
Waking up on a Saturday morning, knowing that you have time on your hands, if not for just a few hours, is heaven on earth.  Add to that this Versailles upholstered headboard from The French Bedroom, croissants, jam and french pressed coffee . . . and if there is a place better than heaven, you would have found it, at least for me.

As I have been waking up lately, I have been realizing that I am in need of a cozy set of pajamas, and so I started wracking my brain thinking of what type of pj’s I desired . . . and then I remembered.

Ever since I sat down to enjoy The Holiday starring Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslett (which was quite some time ago, I must admit, but gosh darnit I love that movie.  Anything Nancy Meyers puts her hands on is simply fun to look at) I’ve been curious and covetous of the pajamas that Cameron wears in one of the first major scenes of the film.  I have been hooked ever since and have vowed this year for my birthday I would find, and deliver to myself, these pajamas.  Currently, I am embarrassed to say that my pajamas are old.  

Yes, they may be Christian Dior, but I have a feeling they are low-end Christian Dior and quite frankly, I feel I deserve one nice set of pajamas.  After all, I spend every night (at least in the chillier months) in pajamas, or when I’m visiting someone with whom I want to feel comfortable around, yet still feminine and appropriate.  The good news is I think I have found them, but I wanted to ask you, my readers, if you knew of other pajamas that you have fallen in love with and would recommend, or if any of you have purchased the Frette Rigato Ara striped pajamas (worn by Cameron Diaz in the movie) and would recommend them. 


I am striving to find something feminine, full coverage for sitting out in the morning with family, friends over coffee before getting the day started sort of thing.  I love the look of these, I just hope they correlate to fabulous when I wear them.  Who knows?  Below are pictures from The Holiday of Diaz in the pajamas.  I apologize for the lack of clarity.


Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At January 23, 2010 at 8:49 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Can I just say that I have been coveting that particular bedframe for the longest time! I loved that movie too although I don't remember the pajamas at all. I was caught in the rain and ducked into the nearest shop yesterday--turned out to be Loeman's -- they are having the most amazing liquidation of Shabby Chic pajams--so pretty (and sad that she went out of business--but she's back now). Anyway, if you like that aesthetic, they're very pretty and on sale at Loemans! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog btw--yours is gorgeous & I will be back!

xo Mary Jo

 
At January 23, 2010 at 12:03 PM , Blogger Audrey Allure said...

comfy pajamas are the best :)

love your blog! :)
- Audrey Allure <3
http://audreyallure.blogspot.com

 
At January 23, 2010 at 2:57 PM , Anonymous Anna Brindley said...

I just started a pajama company because I wanted the same thing. I started extremely small in this down economy but I would love to get some feedback from you.

The desire to look dressed and shapely was my main focus starting out. I so many ideas around my concept but I love to hear from other women what they want...if you care to share.

Either way, I am so excited to find someone that is thinking along the lines that I am.

Best to you.

Anna Brindley
www.thesuitablepajamacompany.com

 
At May 15, 2010 at 12:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm embarrassed to tell, but I never spent so much attention to what I wear in bed. Most of
times it is any short and a tee. Now that I
read your post about pajamas I have to invest
in a good one and maybe in a sexy nightie too!

xoxo Sandra

 
At September 17, 2010 at 7:49 PM , Blogger Margarita Bloom said...

LOVE...LOVE that bed frame!! GLAMOUR! And that movie too...hmm, now you got me thinking I should go out and get some brand new pajamas! lol.. :)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home