The Simply Luxurious Life®: Splurge & Save Outfit: No. 22  

August 29, 2013

Splurge & Save Outfit: No. 22

Blue can be seen frequently in the fall collections this fall, and regardless of the season, navy will always be a classic choice. Recently, I found Ann Taylor’s navy dot dress (Save outfit above) and mentioned it to a friend who I thought would love it. Well, upon purchasing it, they were kind enough to do a bit of a fashion show for me, and I must say – very, very flattering. The subtle draping at the waist adds a slimming in all the right areas, and the top is lined with a very complimentary modest neckline. Last, but not least, the dress is made with fabric that feels good to the skin, and the price could not be better.

Pair with flats or heels, I chose the fall staple – nude or camel suede, and then dress up or down with your choice of coat – a trench, a denim jacket or a blazer looks fantastic with these dresses and allows them to be worn to a variety of occasions.

~Love Ann Taylor? Through the Labor Day weekend, receive 30% off at checkout on all full priced items – no code needed!

~SPLURGE~

~Saint Laurent 105mm Paris pointed suede pumps~

~LK Bennett ‘Adela’ twist front crepe dress~

~Stuart Weitzman leopard clutch~

~Rachel Zoe signature link bracelet~

~SAVE~

~Ann Taylor Navy with dot print tucked waist dress (Labor Day weekend, receive 30% all full priced items – no code needed)~

~Kate Spade New York light camel suede licorice pumps~

~Hobo Angelica shoulder bag in cognac~

~Nordstrom chunky link bracelet~

~SHOP THESE OUTFITS:

6 Comments:

At August 29, 2013 at 10:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always love your fashion choices and the more I read this blog the more I like to dress in an elegant effortless way. The downside, as you can even call it that, is that it is obviously very disturbing for other people, especially at work, if you put some effort in your looks. Since I wear heels and pencil-skirts I get remarks like "What's the matter with you, why so pretty", "Are you in love?", "Do you have a date?" all the time. Shannon, I wonder, do you recognize the same reactions? And what do you reply?

 
At August 29, 2013 at 11:50 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Great question. You know, depending upon where one works and lives, the responses will be different, and that is why it is imperative that you are dressing for yourself, and that you are choosing clothes that are comfortable and make you feel good. After all, their comments reveal more about them then it you.

While I get those comments from time to time, people have come to expect it from me now (dressing well, or in my own style), and I think you'll discover that as well.

Often those who make those comments don't know how to properly respond because they've never experienced, been around or observed the proper decorum. So in a way, it's a compliment, although it doesn't feel like it. In those moments, how you handle yourself by offering a genuine thank you, or "because I'm going to work" will condition their behavior as you move forward, and if it doesn't, ignore them and live the life you want, don't lower your standards to make them feel comfortable.

 
At August 29, 2013 at 12:13 PM , Blogger ravenlocks said...

I completely agree with your answer! I've found that people will eventually get used to your style. I've also found that your style will actually rub off on others! :) Your co workers will begin to dress a little nicer too.

xo Azu

 
At August 29, 2013 at 12:15 PM , Blogger ravenlocks said...

I like both of these looks equally. You always do such a great job at finding alternatives to the splurge items :)

xo Azu

www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

 
At August 29, 2013 at 9:37 PM , Anonymous rony@gutter cover said...

I loved these outfits a lot..!! I will definitely gift them to my wife on her birthday.

 
At August 29, 2013 at 10:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your answer Shannon. I will keep that in mind!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home