The Simply Luxurious Life®: The Weekend . . .  

August 23, 2013

The Weekend . . .

 ~Find the recipe here for Two Ingredient Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars~

I want to escape to the cottage above and eat every indulgent bite of one of those bars. Is anybody else with me?

Okay, so I probably won’t do either this weekend, but I will be enjoying a bit of rest, relaxation and good food as I’m going to take a quick trip to Portland, hopefully bringing back some much desired summer rain to cool things down.

Whatever your weekend plans bring, hopefully you aren’t lamenting that August has lost its summertime vibe. I thoroughly enjoyed David Shribman’s article “Whatever Happened to August?”, and I couldn’t help but become even more motivated to guard August’s leisurely roots evermore fiercely.

Here is a list of the past week’s posts to help you get caught up – a book I highly recommend for my fellow Francophiles, a bit of shopping inspiration for fall and a discussion about luxury. Have a look . . .

~Readers’ favorite post of the week . . . The Necessary Ingredient in Luxury – Comfort (be sure to join the conversation on Facebook and see what others find luxurious in their everyday lives – click here)

~The French Twist – Book Review . . . loved and highly recommend

~Why Not . . . Wear Leopard? . . . a top trend of the season to take advantage of

~Style Inspiration: Just the Basics

~Splurge & Save Outfit: No. 21 . . . a simple black dress for day or evening

~This & That: No. 72 . . . a book to have as a resource, two neutral pumps, a shopping tool that will save time and money, and more . ..

And this week’s newsletter – issue #161 – click here to read.

Have a lovely weekend, and until Monday, bonjour.

Image: (1) source

4 Comments:

At August 23, 2013 at 1:16 AM , Blogger Louise Mc said...

Have a delightful weekend. I am moving into a cottage in the country in October so everytime I see a picture like this one I get quite excited. Xx

 
At August 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Have you moved out of Portland? I thought you lived in the Pearl District. Anyway, I live in the greater Portland area and I love reading your blog! Enjoy your weekend

 
At August 23, 2013 at 8:50 PM , Blogger Sally McMullin said...

I was thinking just like Katie. I thought you recently moved back to Portland. I am eager to purchase the small lucite table you purchased from CB2 that you featured. Have a wonderful weekend!

 
At August 25, 2013 at 3:57 AM , Blogger The enchanted home said...

So not fair to post that picture of that heavenly chocolate dessert and to be craving it at not even 7am!! Have a wonderful weekend!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home