The Simply Luxurious Life®: The Weekend . . .  

January 25, 2013

The Weekend . . .

Aw yes, the weekend has arrived. The last weekend of January. Can you believe it? Soon peonies will be available at our local farmers’ markets and I, for one, cannot wait. Okay, that’s still three months away, but still . . . something to look forward to.

Yesterday found me home as school was cancelled due to a sheet of ice blanketing the area, so I was enthralled with a list of projects – small, but pleasure-filled. And since much of my to-do list for Saturday was cleared, I am very much looking forward to the weekend so that I can read, read and read a bit more. Much like the quote above, reading is my energy source and without it, I wouldn’t want to know what I might have missed. Ideas spring up and dreams awaken as I find a myriad of ideas and ways to continually mold life into my very own piece of art.

Speaking of art, the spring couture shows took place this week in Paris and the runways were full of fashionable masterpieces. Be sure to visit my pinterest board to see some of my favorite designs.

As for this past week on the blog, some inspiration, fashion from the Inauguration, a simple ritual you might want to add to your daily routine and of course a touch of fashion . . .

~the most popular post of the week . . . Exactly What Does Inner Beauty Look Like?

~Want & Have Outfit: No. 18 . . . how to style your new leopard loafers

~Style Inspiration: Black, White & Belts

~First Lady’s 2nd Inaugural Style – Updated! . . . all the details

~This & That: No. 42 . . . my new favorite dishes on sale, a jacket to love, a show to enjoy and more

~Why Not . . . Journal Regularly?

~Bloglovin’ & TSLL! . . . a new place to find and read the blog

And this week’s newsletter – issue #133 – click here to read.

Hopefully the sun is shining wherever you are so that you can wrap up January on a wonderful note. Until Monday, bonjour.

Images: (1)source (2) source

9 Comments:

At January 25, 2013 at 1:10 AM , Blogger Heirloom treasures said...

ahhhh,it's so nice to know there will be time out on the weekend,especially for reading.

 
At January 25, 2013 at 2:43 AM , Blogger Chantelle said...

I'm hoping to read all weekend as well, plus tweak away at my blog's layout. More HTML and CSS research for moi. Happy weekend!

 
At January 25, 2013 at 7:56 AM , Blogger B A R B A R A said...

My birthday is tomorrow, plus I got promoted at work today. SO it is an extra special one for me which I will be celebrating with my family.
Happy weekend to you

 
At January 25, 2013 at 7:57 AM , Blogger eliz said...

I LOVE your blog! You always have the best photos and topics posted. Thanks for sharing! Happy Friday!

 
At January 25, 2013 at 10:08 AM , Anonymous www.LovelySeema.com said...

Oh my god so lovely! I clicked to open this email, gasped at the beauty and how luxurious and indulgent the photo's and words were as contrasted to the horror and anxiety of my day, Pinned two photo's, and I swear my shoulders relaxed a little. OK - back to work, just wanted to say THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU DO!

 
At January 25, 2013 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Champagne and Passports said...

I wish the sun was shining here in NYC! It's very Gray and we are waiting for some snow to arrive. Ugh. I'm planning on picking up a bunch of flowers on my way home to bring a little spring to my weekend. Happy Friday!

champagne & passport blog

 
At January 26, 2013 at 12:03 PM , Blogger chiara said...

Cold but sunny here in Central Italy! Perfect for a visit to the market, walks in town and a lot of relax!

 
At January 27, 2013 at 4:47 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

What a wonderful way to spend the weekend. Do enjoy. :)

 
At January 27, 2013 at 4:48 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Happy birthday AND congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home