The Simply Luxurious Life®: Elie Saab – Fall 2011 Couture  

July 6, 2011

Elie Saab – Fall 2011 Couture

Elie Saab’s collections always leave me speechless for all of the right reasons. While the same thread of tuck waistlines and oodles of beads and demure glamour was present, there was a lighter more easy quality to the tone of the entire collection. Beginning with the colors of white, icy gray, blush, muted navy and golden browns, each piece whether a cocktail or gown, was fitted and draped in all of the right places.

The models with their loosely swept to the side chignons looked as though they were from from another era of romantic modernism. And while some may tire of Saab’s similar collections, I can’t help but admire and applaud his talent.

All images via Style.com and Elle

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At July 6, 2011 at 3:55 PM , Blogger Joy said...

Oooh I love this. Great collection! I think this is the best haute couture collection so far!

 
At July 6, 2011 at 5:32 PM , Blogger Heirloom treasures said...

oh so feminine,dreamy and delicate, love it to bits,all of it,x

 
At July 6, 2011 at 7:35 PM , Blogger DEva Weddings said...

Absolutely lovely! Some of these creations would make beautiful wedding dresses! LOVE them all! Hope you're having a great week :)

 
At July 6, 2011 at 9:07 PM , Anonymous Maiah said...

Ugh, I am living for the drama and the romance of that collection right now. Amazing recap.

 
At July 7, 2011 at 2:30 AM , Blogger Ana Trigo said...

I love Eli Sab´s dresses. They remind me of the Belle Epocque ladies who Boldini used to paint.

 
At July 7, 2011 at 5:41 AM , Blogger Talia said...

Oh My! This is hands down my most favorite collection. Stunning dresses!

Wow! Wish these were around when I got married. I'd had loved to have worn one of his gowns.

 
At July 7, 2011 at 6:33 AM , Anonymous Monteen said...

All I can say is BEAUTIFUL-BEAUTIFUL-BEAUTIFUL- Every one of them!!!

 
At July 7, 2011 at 8:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love these gowns! He's become one of my very very favorite designers. Just looking at them makes me feel refreshed and like everything is going to be OK. Valorie

 
At July 7, 2011 at 6:23 PM , Blogger Life is a Runway said...

So dream-like! I am always taken away by his designs. So beautiful!

xxx

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home