The Simply Luxurious Life®: Monday Momentum . . .  

March 28, 2011

Monday Momentum . . .

I love starting off the week wearing a dress or a fun skirt and heels.  Choosing to make Monday as successful as possible gives the week a sense of control, a sense of direction because we aren’t yet weighted down by all that is to come in the days ahead.

This particular Monday morning after reading Kimberly Wilson’s two books over the past week Hip Tranquil Chic (which includes illustrations of yoga poses you can do at home) and Tranquilista, I began my day with a few sun salutations and I must say, I’m ready for the day as it allowed me to determine what I wanted to focus on and accomplish.

By putting our best foot forward and giving our best in any situation that presents itself we are, as Oprah reminds us, " . . . causing people to notice and taking ourselves to the next level."

I hope your Monday went well. Good or bad, feel free to share or vent.  I always have an ear to listen.

Image: Musings In Femininity

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At March 28, 2011 at 1:17 PM , Blogger JenLynn said...

That outfit combo is divine. Simple black top with flowy khaki skirt and spiked heels, perfection.

 
At March 28, 2011 at 3:25 PM , Blogger Belle de Ville said...

I like to start my week with a dress and heels too. When I dress my best, I seem to get the most done.

 
At March 28, 2011 at 3:56 PM , Blogger Splenderosa said...

You are absolutely correct, and this is so pretty. We need a whole lot of pretty these day, don't you think? xx's Marsha

 
At March 28, 2011 at 4:03 PM , Blogger The enchanted home said...

Gorgeous classic perfectly tailored chic is how I would describe the outfit! Love it.

 
At March 28, 2011 at 4:11 PM , Blogger Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Sound like a couple of fun reads, Shannon! Enjoy Bethenny this evening ... I'll be DVR'ing it! (There's a Margarita Bloom giveaway on the blog this week if that interests you ;) Hope your Monday was lovely xo

 
At March 28, 2011 at 6:10 PM , Blogger THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I just love that photo. I need a skirt like that. And those books sound wonderful! I'll have to pick them up :)

Hope your week is off to a great start! xoxo

 
At March 28, 2011 at 8:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woooooooow, your blog & your blues...... I just love all of it!!!

Agneta, a swedish one

 
At March 28, 2011 at 11:49 PM , Blogger Nanne said...

I usually do skirts and heels on Friday as an opposite to casual Friday but maybe I should start doing it on Monday instead - great tip! Have a lovely day!

 
At April 1, 2011 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Red Lipstick said...

That is a wonderful idea. I have a long commute a 'dread' Mondays, but planning a fabulous outfit and a special activity at lunch, such as visiting the bookstore or a favorite shop, may make the day actually something to look forward to!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home