The Simply Luxurious Life®: The Big Reveal!  

March 16, 2011

The Big Reveal!

With the creative minds of two very patient and talented ladies, the new face of The Simply Luxurious Life is finally here, and I couldn’t be more thrilled to give you a tour.

Inslee of Inslee by Design is the illustrator behind the “simply luxurious” woman in the blog header. Her way of using watercolors immediately caught my attention when I came across her work a month ago on Brown Eyed Belle.  Inslee was able to take my ideas and create more than I could have envisioned of a modern day woman who exuded classic simplistic luxury in a world where she wears many hats – business professional, friend, role model, lover of fashion and confidence to live life on her own terms.

Here are a few snapshots of some of the beautiful work she creates in the form of cards, calendars, and prints.
 


And the lady behind the entire overhaul and layout and having the patience of Job for me and my many questions is Shari of Little Blue Deer Custom Blog Design.  After seeing her work on The Alternative Wife and Splendid Market, I had to check out her website, and there I found lists upon lists of clients she had worked with producing original, creative, yet simply classic designs that fit each blog’s premise.

I can’t speak highly enough of both of these ladies and the work that they’ve done for me. Thank you again Inslee and Shari.

I hope you enjoy perusing around the new site.  I have tried to organize my weekly themed posts and place them in their own unique pages so the Recipes, Why Not . . .?, Fashion and other regular weekly posts are easy to find.  One page I have added is Recommendations which will be constantly updated with places I have visited and/or frequent currently, and highly recommend as this has been suggested as something I should add and I couldn’t agree more. I hope you find the site much easier to navigate and more valuable as a resource.

If you happen to have my old button on your blog and would like to update, I can’t thank you enough.

Thank you again for being a reader of The Simply Luxurious Life. It is a pleasure and a treat to be able to meet, communicate and get to know so many of you. Feel free to contact me with comments, questions or ideas, as I always enjoy hearing from my readers.  Here’s to creating and living a simply luxurious life!

Labels: ,

24 Comments:

At March 16, 2011 at 9:04 PM , Blogger Kori said...

It looks amazing honey!!!! I love Inslee's art and am trying to get her to do my cover art for my novel. I'm adding your new button now! I'm having a Spring giveaway that ends this Friday if you haven't entered already! Kori xoxo

http://www.blondeepisodes.com/2011/03/spring-break-giveaway.html

 
At March 16, 2011 at 10:57 PM , Blogger Splenderosa said...

Love love love this! Love both ladies, as well.
Good job! xx's

 
At March 17, 2011 at 12:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Shannon I love your new look! And of course I adore the girl carrying the oversized clutch! A woman after my own heart! Love! Great collaboration!

xo Mary Jo

 
At March 17, 2011 at 12:22 AM , Blogger Hermine said...

I absolutely LOVE the new look :)

xoxo Hermine

 
At March 17, 2011 at 1:53 AM , Blogger VM Creation Atelier said...

Thank you SO very much,dear Shannon for this post!!!
These drawings from Inslee tooks my heart away,it´s absolutely great work!

Much Love from Amsterdam,
***Violetta***

 
At March 17, 2011 at 1:57 AM , Blogger Fiona Ferris said...

Gorgeous, Shannon. Congratulations on a truly stunning update which befits your beautiful blog. I love the headings along the top too, so handy for browsing. Merci!

 
At March 17, 2011 at 3:13 AM , Blogger Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Lovely blog Shannon.I will grab your new button too!

 
At March 17, 2011 at 3:31 AM , Blogger Linda [Forever Champagne] said...

Fabulous new look!

All the very best,

Linda, xo

 
At March 17, 2011 at 4:44 AM , Blogger goodniteirene.wordpress.com said...

oh it's just perfect!! i love it.

 
At March 17, 2011 at 5:04 AM , Blogger Plami said...

It looks absolutely amazing! modern and luxurious!!! Now I love reading your blog even more!!! Thank you for being such an inspiration!

Xoxo
Plami

http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

 
At March 17, 2011 at 5:45 AM , Blogger Christel @ Captivated by image said...

Your new blog design looks fabulous! I love the simplicity and the illustration is very cute. Shari makes gorgeous designs. Hope you're going to enjoy it very much.

 
At March 17, 2011 at 6:18 AM , Blogger highheeledlife said...

Congrats on the new look!xo HHL

 
At March 17, 2011 at 6:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love the new look, I will update my button now. Have a wonderful week. axx

 
At March 17, 2011 at 7:31 AM , Blogger Pauline Wiles said...

Beautiful! Congrats! Love your header in particular.

 
At March 17, 2011 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Lorrie said...

Wonderful new look - love the header.

 
At March 17, 2011 at 8:49 AM , Blogger Coryanne Ettiene | Kitchen Living with Coryanne said...

I love everything about what you have done......stunning and a rather fabulous header.

All the best, Coryanne

 
At March 17, 2011 at 11:39 AM , Blogger Talia said...

What a lovely blog. The artwork is fantastic! Yours is the first blog I visit daily. LOVE it!

Thank you for being such an inspiration!

 
At March 17, 2011 at 12:37 PM , Blogger Leah said...

Love it! It looks very streamline and simple, but still sophisticated... very chic! I am definitely taking notes.

xoxo,
Leah
http://couturearabesque.blogspot.com/

 
At March 17, 2011 at 1:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new layout looks fabulous. Congratulations. xo Mish

 
At March 17, 2011 at 5:22 PM , Blogger Life is a Runway said...

Love it! Perfect for your blog :)

xxx
Brynn

 
At March 17, 2011 at 6:53 PM , Blogger Julie Leah said...

It's beautiful, my sweet! Absolutely beautiful!!!

 
At March 18, 2011 at 2:38 AM , Blogger Ana Trigo said...

I absolutely love this new look! Congratulations!

 
At March 18, 2011 at 8:17 AM , Anonymous Deanna said...

Fantabulous look! Congratulations!

 
At March 18, 2011 at 11:28 AM , Anonymous Sweet Freak said...

What a lovely surprise to see your 'do-over'! Congrats & enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home