The Simply Luxurious Life®: A Baker’s Kitchen  

March 15, 2011

A Baker’s Kitchen



Last week I shared with you my must-have items in a Cook’s Kitchen, and today I’d like to share with you my list for a Baker’s Kitchen. The kitchen truly is the heart of the home, after all, it is where we are nourished, it is where we can create using our hands to feed those we love, and even more so, being a baker is the opportunity to entice your guests into your kitchen.  Nothing is so sweet as the scent freshly made bread, an apple pie hot out of the oven or chocolate chip cookies warm to the first bite. Here is a look at my list of must-have items. Feel free to add or edit. I’d love to hear what you need to do your magic in the kitchen.

*KitchenAid standing mixer
*hand mixer
*sifter
*fine mesh seive
*food processor (for making pie/tart/scone dough)
*pastry frame (see what I use here – less mess & dough doesn’t stick)
*rolling pin
*silpat – non-stick baking mat
*cookie sheets/half sheets
*springform pan (cheesecakes)
*large & small tart pans
*9x9 glass/ceramic baking dish
*icing spatulas
*graduated mixing bowls (ceramic/glass)
*stainless steel ice cream scoop (for perfectly sized cookies)
*pie dishes
*cake pans
*ramekins and/or flan dish
*bread pans
*muffin tins (large & small)
*measuring spoons & cups
*double boiler
*wooden spoons
*whisks (large & very small)
*cake pedestals (for a fabulous display)
*Optional – scale (for precise baking)



Images: (1) Source (2) Source (5) Source (7) Country Living (8) Source  All other images from House Beautiful

Labels:

13 Comments:

At March 15, 2011 at 1:06 AM , Blogger Nanne said...

I love your kitchen posts, but my kitchen is so small I have to keep kitchen tools to a bare minimum:) I guess you could say I'm a reluctant minimalist:)

 
At March 15, 2011 at 1:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bake twice a week but I have almost no equipment, I do everything by hand but I want to remedy that to make life easier!

 
At March 15, 2011 at 2:38 AM , Anonymous Perfect Kitchen Designs said...

Love your kitchen design, I am a baker myself and I find this set up more to fit my needs. Whatever the family want for baking is at hand, a place to be consider a heart of every home. A perfect place to gather.

 
At March 15, 2011 at 4:28 AM , Blogger lesapeamusings.blogspot said...

Even though I come by and don't always comment. I want to say congrats on your wonderful newsletter that I subscribe to. It has been become a resource for me and I appreciate all your efforts.
Have a great week. By the way I adore the fourth kitchen.

Lisa @ Lesapea xx

 
At March 15, 2011 at 4:28 AM , Blogger Vannessa@Luxuria said...

I "try" and bake once a week, and looking at your list I realise there is so much I "should" be using!

 
At March 15, 2011 at 4:45 AM , Blogger The enchanted home said...

Gorgeous... I am a pretty serious cook but only bake once in a blue moon. Love the images, all beautiful and inspiring!

 
At March 15, 2011 at 5:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

ekkk to the last one *love* - a kitchen and bathroom SELL me everytime!

 
At March 15, 2011 at 6:12 AM , Blogger Tiffani said...

LOVE this post! I vowed my New Year's resolution would be to embrace the kitchen, these images have definitely inspired me to do so. xo

 
At March 15, 2011 at 7:07 AM , Blogger A Casa da Vá said...

I am far from being a cooker or a baker _ i am more the take out type of gal, but gosh I dream of one day having a kitchen like that!

 
At March 15, 2011 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Hi Shannon! Love the walk in pantry with the chalkboard on the door and the one shot of the wood arched door reminds me of my house - that's the shape of my front door. I feel pretty good, as I went through your list and said "check, check, check" all the way through the list ... now I have to go bake something! I wanted to say thanks so much for stopping by the blog last week. Such a nice surprise, means a lot. xoxo

 
At March 15, 2011 at 2:04 PM , Blogger Apt. #34 said...

loving that second to last kitchen and now I have a list to show my husband!

 
At March 17, 2011 at 10:31 AM , Blogger arlene said...

all these ideas are absolutely wonderful, but when you have a (very) small kitchen it can be depressing.......I'd luv to see ideas for small kitchens....decor and storage!

 
At March 22, 2011 at 11:22 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

arlene - I will do my best to create a post that incorporates ideas for a small kitchen. Thank you for saying something. :)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home