The Simply Luxurious Life®: Cups of Tea 9/5 –9/11  

September 12, 2010

Cups of Tea 9/5 –9/11

The photo above evokes the idea of two of my favorite loves – fashion and tea, and in this instance, waiting patiently for an opportunity to sit in one of the coveted seats at New York Fashion Week. Some day.

How has the weekend been treating you?  I do hope with kid gloves and some lovely company or simply, as I have been craving, some time to breathe.

I would like to quickly thank and welcome all of my new Twitter followers. I am so happy to have been introduced to you, and I look forward to tweeting with you.  Also, a lovely thank you to those who sent such lovely reviews of this week’s newsletter.  I am flattered and ecstatic that you continue to enjoy it each Friday. If you haven’t subscribed, simply enter your first name and email address in the left column of the blog where it says Sign UP!

This week’s Cups of Tea is a delightfully fun one full of a few new blogs that I think you’ll quite enjoy as well as posts to make you smile and ponder how to live a life with even more joie de vivre than you already do. So do join me this morning, while we pour ourselves a cup of something warm, and greet Sunday. Enjoy!

 

1. Age Gracefully

An optimist, a romantic, someone who has hope, is truly a beautiful thing and DeeAnne, author of  Live the Charmed Life, exudes this attitude with every post she shares.  Today’s, 100 Ways to Age with Grace, Elegance and Joie de Vivre is no exception.

 

2. Love, Fashion & Horses

With endless beautiful images, Linda of Simply Seductive lavishes her readers with visuals that are intoxicatingly beautiful, and this particular editorial is exceptional. After all, what girl doesn’t appreciate, if not love, fashion, romance and horses?

 

3. Gourmet Mac & Cheese

When I first had an opportunity to visit Marcie’s blog, Lemons and Laundry, I fell in love with the name. With it she makes even the most routine task of cleaning clothes seem all the more fun and engaging. This past week she shared a recipe she found for Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese, and all I can say is get me to a market so that I can buy the necessary ingredients.  The addition of tomatoes is the perfect touch and makes the dish look even more delicious. Thank you Marcie! 

 

4. Did You Know?

Vanessa of Decadence for Divas unknowingly hit my Achilles’ heel this week when she mentioned Sex and the City.  This particular post shared some unknown tidbits about the iconic show.  I, for one, only had heard mention of one fact prior to my reading through her blog, so I found it a lovely read on a leisurely Saturday morning as I was reminded that soon SATC 2 will be released.

 

5. Comfort Can Be Found

Every Wednesday, CJ of  A Penny for My Thoughts pairs gorgeous images with quotes that provide inspiration, and this week I had to share it with you again. Jennifer Aniston makes a comment that I wish more people would realize, for if they did, I truly believe there would be more serenity in our world.

“Once you figure out who you are and what you love about yourself, I think it all kinda falls into place.”

-Jennifer Aniston

Images: (1) Green Apples

16 Comments:

At September 12, 2010 at 1:24 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I loved this post with all the lovely photos, links and the quote. I hope you're having a wonderful and relaxing weekend Shannon, I have been doing nothing but unwinding and it has been heaven!

xo Mary Jo

 
At September 12, 2010 at 5:34 AM , Blogger Hermine said...

Hmm...i'm really loving that quote from Jennifer Aniston. The funny thing is i haven't figured out those two aspects of myself yet...Hopefully your new series of posts that you started last week will lead me towards that direction

Happy Sunday :)
Hermine-Candy Girl
www.thegirlinacashmeredaze.blogspot.com

 
At September 12, 2010 at 6:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how you feature different blogs, you have such a wonderful way of showcasing them. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! xo

 
At September 12, 2010 at 7:22 AM , Blogger Carmen said...

I have to say ditto....to everything Debby and Mary Jo have stated. I adore and look forward to reading your blog every morning. I love the photos, love the advice, love the fashion. What I love above all else, it is chock full of positivity. Thank you for always providing that Shannon.

<3 , CJ

P.S. Thank you for mentioning my little blog. It put a smile on my face.

 
At September 12, 2010 at 7:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the collection of pictures here, especially the first one. the gradual change from colour to black/white! very beautiful.

anyway, love, fashion and horses. i totally agree with that. i would love to ride into the sunset with my boyfriend... such is the perfect combination of romance and horses! :)

 
At September 12, 2010 at 7:45 AM , Blogger heather said...

Love your feature blogs + stories! And Aniston's quote is SO true! That autumn cup of tea so pretty too!

 
At September 12, 2010 at 8:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this post. You my dear are a kindred spirit, for I would put tea and fashion in my top 5 favorite things. I highly suggest going out and purchasing Tazo Rest. A huge component is rose and it is so fantastic I can hardly contain myself. Enjoy.

 
At September 12, 2010 at 8:22 AM , Blogger Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

You always do such a fabulous job in combining images with messages. And it never fails that I leave your blog with either: information about something I didn't know; inspiration to make my day better (today!); a fashion inspiration to make the image of myself portrayed to the world just a little more glamorous (today!); a new blog to discover (today!); a delicious recipe to try (today!) and so much more, love.

 
At September 12, 2010 at 8:24 AM , Blogger Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Me again. I forgot to say (today!) after information I didn't know ... I love the Sex and the City details I didn't know that i learned today from Decadence for Divas via you! xo

 
At September 12, 2010 at 9:58 AM , Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

Such a lovely post on a Sunday morning! I truly enjoyed every bit of it... that quote, the photos, your words, everything.

I hope you enjoy the remainder of the weekend, xo

 
At September 12, 2010 at 11:25 AM , Anonymous Shea said...

I recently stumbled upon your blog, and it has become a daily read for me. Thank you so much for sharing your perspective!

 
At September 12, 2010 at 4:21 PM , Blogger Julie Leah said...

Hello, my sweet friend!

I hope you're having a fabulous weekend! Thank you for sharing all of these links, I love to find new people to visit and inspirational posts to swoon over :)

You're such a doll!

XOXO

 
At September 12, 2010 at 7:34 PM , Blogger Marcie said...

Thanks for the shout-out! I love your cups of tea Sunday!

xo M

 
At September 12, 2010 at 7:55 PM , Blogger highheeledlife said...

Great post!!! Love that quote by Jennifer A. ~ had not heard it before.

HHL

 
At September 13, 2010 at 5:54 AM , Blogger Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Thank you SO, SO much for mentioning my blog. You are such a giving person, and I am honored to have found you. Your blog brings so much to me (I have absolute "blog envy" when I read your blog), and now I can add some of your recommendations also.

Thank you again for all the wonderful shouts on twitter!

 
At September 13, 2010 at 6:22 PM , Blogger Jenn @ Living Luxe for Less said...

What a great idea for a Sunday post! I love the concept. I can't wait to check out all of these blogs now!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home