The Simply Luxurious Life®: Short and Sweet  

September 11, 2010

Short and Sweet

Even though the week was short, there were times I felt as though 48 hours was being packed into a single day, and so with the arrival of the weekend it is imperative that we treat ourselves well whether it be with a nibble of fresh fruit to begin our day, a trip to our favorite salon for a pedi and mani, time to just forget to look at a clock or a stop at our favorite boutique. Whatever your idea of a pleasant distraction may be, allow yourself to luxuriate in it at some point this weekend and simply let any guilt evaporate into thin air.

In New York this week, Fashion Week began to roll out their Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear collections and even though only two days have passed, I’ve already discovered two collections that displayed trends I will want to look for in the spring, Christian Siriano and Jason Wu.

Also this week, I’ve added a daily feature for my Twitter followers. Along with a thought to ponder and a thought to sleep on, I’m also sharing a daily simple luxury, something that while not costing an extreme amount of money, can bring a feeling of pampering and luxury to the routine of any given day.  If you’d like to follow and aren’t already, simply click here.

Saturdays are a day to look forward to especially for me, as it is when I find the time to lose myself in the many wonderful blogs that continue to inspire and open my eyes, as well as catch up on the magazines that have made their way into my mailbox during the past few days. If your week was a bit more hectic than you expected, or you weren’t able to stop by as much as you would have liked, here is a look at the past week on The Simply Luxurious Life:

An Idea: A Simple Ideal Long Weekend

Sunday’s Cups of Tea: Relax & Consider

Monday’s Inspiration: Let Yourself Shine

Fashion Fix: Topsy Turvy

Tuesday’s Rooms of Inspiration: An Extra Something Special

Let It Begin!: Fashion’s Night Out Opening Ceremony

Wednesday’s Why Not . . .?: Improve Your Life?

Across the Pond:  Cheryl Cole – Vogue UK – October 2010

On the Cover: Carey Mulligan – Vogue US – October 2010

Thursday Treasures: A Bit of Work, Smiles & Play

A Scent to Try: Twirl by Kate Spade New York

Friday’s Cravings: Books, Fashion & Magic

A Friendship Returns: Jennifer Aniston & Courtney Cox

Foodie Friday: Luxuriously Rich Comfort Food

Project Runway Talent: Christian Siriano – Spring 2011 RTW

Spring Fashions: Jason Wu Returns to the Classics

Have a beautiful weekend full of rest, pleasure and laughter.

{The Simply Luxurious Life’s weekly newsletter will be sent on Friday.  If you’d like to subscribe, simply enter your first name and email in the upper left-hand column on the blog, or click here to learn more about what it includes.}

Images: (1) Fashion Served (2) Source

6 Comments:

At September 11, 2010 at 2:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So many wonderful suggestions even though free personal time for me is practically zero now, all the best and enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

 
At September 11, 2010 at 2:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At September 11, 2010 at 4:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A mani/pedi sounds heavenly ~ have fun! xo

 
At September 11, 2010 at 9:12 AM , Blogger TheMumPreneur said...

I feel like I need 3 days to recover from some week days. I spend one day of the weekend sleeping, the other cleaning the house/organizing and paying bills/ironing and than I am missing one to do add some fabulousness to my weekend.
Ahh... :)

Thats what I have my blog for :)

Have a great weekend!

La Kat

 
At September 11, 2010 at 9:37 AM , Blogger Marcie said...

The first photo is stunning! I wish I could pull of hair like that.

xo M

 
At September 11, 2010 at 10:04 PM , Blogger heather said...

I love this photo combo! I hope you're having a weekend full of laughter, rest and beautiful pleasure!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home