The Simply Luxurious Life®: A Friendly Funny Girl – Jennifer Aniston  

August 6, 2010

A Friendly Funny Girl – Jennifer Aniston

With the recent release of the September issue of Harper’s Bazaar featuring Jennifer Aniston paying homage to Barbra Streisand, I feel like watching Katie Morosky and Hubbell Gardiner in The Way We Were or Fanny Brice in Funny Face. If nothing else to observe the striking resemblance between these both distinctly unique beauties. I honestly hadn’t realize the awesome similarities until this issue came out, and I couldn’t wait to share it with you.

Both Aniston and Streisand are women I admire for separate reasons: Aniston for her casual beauty and tenacity, and Streisand for her ability to be comfortable in her own skin and nurture and share her amazing talents.  Here are just a few of the major awards Streisand has earned:  she won her first Academy Award for Funny Girl in 1968 for Best Actress, in 1973 she was nominated for Best Actress in The Way We Were with Robert Redford, and won her second Academy Award for Best Original Song in 1976  for the song “Evergreen” in A Star is Born.  She has also won eight Grammy Awards. I think we need another word for talent when describing her abilities, don’t you?

In Harper’s Bazaar, Jennifer shares that she first met Streisand, now 68, only a few years ago at a New Year’s party, but states she has always admired her and views her as an icon.  "Barbra inspires me because there isn't anything she hasn't done that she wanted to do, especially as a female in the time when her generation was prime. She's a true renaissance woman."

Photographed by Mark Seliger in an old Los Angeles Theater, Aniston shines as Babs.  With three upcoming film releases, The Switch with Jason Bateman, Horrible Bosses with Colin Farrell and Just Go With It with Adam Sandler and Nicole Kidman, Aniston was a wonderful choice for the fall fashion issue that hits newsstands August 17th (okay, maybe I’m a bit bias – I’m a huge fan and always have been, I’ll admit it).

To read more of Aniston’s interview and her thoughts on Streisand, click here and to watch an engaging interview with Barbara Streisand, wake up to CBS Sunday Morning for “Her Name is Barbra” (while it is a rerun from earlier in the year, I quite enjoyed it and now will certainly be watching again).

Images courtesy of Source

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At August 6, 2010 at 11:18 PM , Blogger Relyn Lawson said...

This is fascinating. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing it. And now, I must rush away. You've made me realize that I have got to watch The Mirror Has Two Faces again.

 
At August 6, 2010 at 11:23 PM , Blogger Anna Walker said...

I love love love "The Way We Were" such an amazing movie! Such an unexpected, unforgettable ending! I love Jennifer Aniston and her homage to Barbara. A-mazing!

 
At August 7, 2010 at 6:58 AM , Blogger Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

It's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G how much hair style makes a difference! Easier to go incognito than we think, I suppose! :)
Thanks, luv xo

 
At April 14, 2011 at 11:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Jen, but she doesn't hold a candle to Babs.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home