The Simply Luxurious Life®: Short and Sweet  

July 3, 2010

Short and Sweet

Portland was a dream personified for me.  While I did have my list of items I needed to purchase and things I needed do, the people in my life that I came to visit made the reality that I only see them once or twice a year very bearable.  It always amazes me how truly sound and genuinely healthy friendships can go prolonged expanses of time without contact and upon seeing each other it feels like slipping into worn, yet ideally fitting slippers – perfectly snug, but never too tight and there to relax with.  To Nancy and Alex – two of my constant reminders that quality and depth will never lose out to superficiality and insincerity – love you ladies.

While my weekend began a little early, I know most of you are about to enjoy or have already embarked on opportunities to celebrate the 4th and for those of you not living in the states – the weekend is thankfully here, and I have a feeling you are more than happy to see it walk through the door.  How was your week?  Hopefully it treated you with kid gloves and produced more moments of satisfaction than frustration.  Either way, now you can enjoy yourself.  So what will you be up to?  I’d love to hear.

The blog has been hopping as usual this week.  On Thursday, the first monthly edition of the newsletter was released.  If you haven’t signed up for it yet, just bop on over the left-hand column of the blog and enter your email and first name.  Remember, everything is free and the best part is I try to do a little bit of the legwork for you when it comes to shopping, ideas and bargains.

A huge thank you to the ladies who tweeted their lovely comments about the newsletter they received.  I honestly love putting together a newsletter and the fact that it includes fashion, decor, inspiration and motivation makes it an even more pleasurable pastime. So to hear that you’ve enjoyed it makes it all the more worth it.  Each week I hope to improve and refine, and if ever you want to see something else or more of something, never hesitate to let me know.  After all, this newsletter is for you.

All right, enough blabbering, this is what The Simply Luxurious Life has been up to this past week:

Fashion Fix: Style Rules to Live By

Monday’s Inspiration: Focusing on the Future

Wardrobe Prep: W Magazine’s Fall Fashions

Tuesday’s Rooms of Inspiration: Gorgeous Farmhouse Sinks

A Must Visit: Brunch at the Palace

Wednesday’s Why Not . . . ?: Discover Your Purpose – Part 2

Fashion Flashback: Catwalk on the Beach

Thursday Treasures: Food, Surprises & Tea

Celebrity Home: Badgley Mischka’s Country Estate

Dreams Do Come True: A Lovely Time

Friday’s Cravings: Luxuries, Jazz & the Outdoors

Decor Crush: A Home to Relax and Unwind In

{Foodie Friday will be back next week – my week ran away with me and I didn’t have the camera ready to snap any photos.}

Images: (1)Pics and Models

6 Comments:

At July 3, 2010 at 5:41 AM , Blogger Carmen said...

Isn't it a beautiful thing to have true solid friendships? And I love your comparison of them. So accurate!

We will be exploring a seaport, having a small intimate BBQ, making Sangria, and watching the fireworks on the beach...this weekend.

Enjoy your 4th!

 
At July 3, 2010 at 7:29 AM , Blogger Nikki said...

Love the photos!!

Have a great weekend
xx
Nikki

 
At July 3, 2010 at 8:27 AM , Blogger House of Design & Style said...

I signed up for the newsletter, sorry it took me so long! I will post it to my FB page as well. I want to tell you that your blog is really blossoming into an amazing website full of beautiful images, tons of inspiration, and helpful tips and suggestions that we can all use in our daily lives. I really do enjoy visiting everyday to see what new and inspiring treats you have in store for the day.
You really are doing an amazing job, keep up the good work lady!

I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!
XOXO

 
At July 3, 2010 at 8:28 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

House of Design & Style - I am speechless. Thank you, thank you.

 
At July 3, 2010 at 10:58 AM , Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

Okay, now I'm hungry for something sweet! On a serious note, though, I cannot wait to sign up for your newsletter — doing that now :)

Hope you are enjoying the weekend and all that it brings your way...

:)

 
At July 3, 2010 at 5:30 PM , Blogger Pauline Wiles said...

I have a friend like that too - I don't see her nearly enough (my fault for leaving the UK!) but when we get together, it's instant and non-stop chat for 48 hours!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home