The Simply Luxurious Life®: Badgley Mischka at Home  

July 1, 2010

Badgley Mischka at Home

As I was putting together my post for this past Tuesday, I came across Elle Decor’s September 2009 issue which included Mark Badgley and James Mischka’s expansive Kentucky home. Photographed by Roger Davies, the estate includes a barn, stalls and arena for their horses and seemingly endless expanses of green grass for their dachshund Rommel to frolic. Their 1920’s limestone and clapboard Dutch colonial Revival designed by architect Robert W. McMeekin would be a welcome place to retreat to after spending time in the city for certain.  Have a look.

The dining room chairs originally came from Churchill Downs.

Click here to take another look at their kitchen.

Mark Badgley holds the reins of Brando, one of his three show hunters, and James Mischka carries the fashion designers’ dachshund, Rommel.

All images courtesy of Elle Decor

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At July 1, 2010 at 1:30 PM , Blogger Lilacandgrey said...

Huh? Judging from their designs I would have thought they lived in a glamourous NYC townhouse..see, never judge!
<33

 
At July 1, 2010 at 2:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love their fashion designs and it was interesting to see where they live.

 
At July 1, 2010 at 2:28 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

I have dreams about that house! Thanks for posting the pictures.

 
At July 1, 2010 at 4:07 PM , Blogger Piper Larson said...

Beautiful. I'm loving all the bookshelves - I could so use them!
XO Piper

 
At July 1, 2010 at 4:50 PM , Blogger PinkFleurette said...

Their house is nice but something kind of puts me off with all the black! I like it on clothes but too much on furniture gets to me. I think it's personal preference, though.

I like how the bookcases are set up though! It's really neat.

Thanks for posting these :)

-Erica

Classy and Delicious?

 
At July 4, 2010 at 2:34 PM , Blogger Jill Seidner | Interior Design said...

LOVE this home! Love the all the books in the kitchen and the porch! I remember this spread in Elle Decor...but had forgotten...thanks for posting!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home