The Simply Luxurious Life®: Farmhouse Chic  

June 29, 2010

Farmhouse Chic

 

The kitchen truly has so much potential for becoming the heart of the home.  It is where magical creations begin, experiments grow legs and conversations tend to naturally take on a life of their own while one goes about their business preparing food. Comfort is found here, and comfort is produced here as well. 

Before I remodeled my bathroom, I almost decided to take on the kitchen instead, however, it is still waiting a much needed gut as my bathroom won the battle.  I gravitate toward a French country style that is cozy, yet designed for a cook, so a must in my kitchen would most definitely be a farmhouse sink.  As you can see above, Mark Badgley and James Mischka’s kitchen incorporates two farmhouse sinks which look absolutely lovely in this light filled room.  Now I don’t know if I would need two, but having one would be a treat in and of itself, and a second would just be the cherry on top.  Have a look at an assembly of farmhouse sinks and how they have been entwined into different design styles.

Out of curiosity, what would your dream kitchen include?  I would love to hear.

 

Images: (1) Decor Pad (2) Decor Pad (3) Auction Girl Vintage (4) Decor Pad (5) Decor Pad (6) House Beautiful (7) Source (8) Rare & Beautiful Treasures (9) Decor Pad (10) Source (11) Source (12) Source (13) Decor Pad (14) Elle Decor (15) Elle Decor

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

At June 29, 2010 at 4:29 AM , Blogger Carmen said...

Good Morning! We are thinking of renovating our kitchen next year. I have been looking for ideas and the closest to what I would like is a pic a posted in my blog a couple of months back. I like rich wood tones and I would most definitely would love to have a couple of glass front cabinets for my china since my home is extremely limited in space for an actual china cabinet.

Thank you so much for featuring my post on your Weekly Cups of Tea this week. It meant a whole lot to me.

Have a great day! <3 CJ

 
At June 29, 2010 at 4:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I too, am a white kitchen girl, marble, farmhouse sinks...seems we like similar kitchens! :)

 
At June 29, 2010 at 4:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

ya know i wanted a farm house sink in my kitchen and everyone thought i was CRAZY b/c everything was so modern - i swear it would of rocked in there! - i hate when i listen to the lil birdies - haha

*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

 
At June 29, 2010 at 5:07 AM , Anonymous splendid market said...

So funny, I am up at our cabin working on our kitchen remodel plans. Tiny little space. I am trying to keep it simple. I'm exploring zinc countertops. I looks like the wooden cabinets need to stay. But, I have my farmhouse sink, ready to go!

 
At June 29, 2010 at 5:10 AM , Blogger Kay said...

I would have to say, two is a definate! I have one. and only one. and washing, is very wasteful of water, because you have to do the washing and rinsing in the same sink... two is better than one.

Love the pics! makes me want windows in my kitchen... :(

 
At June 29, 2010 at 5:24 AM , Blogger Lilacandgrey said...

I too gravitate toward french county, and a farm sink is a MUST!
<33

 
At June 29, 2010 at 5:49 AM , Blogger Lilacandgrey said...

PS. I would love to! Grabbing yours now :)

 
At June 29, 2010 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Relyn Lawson said...

I adore all these images. You have such incredible taste. As to my dream kitchen. It would be big. Not huge, but WAY bigger than our current galley. A narrow galley, at that. I would like room for an island, hardwood floors, and custom storage that is a combination of furniture looking pieces, shelves, and white cupboards.

 
At June 29, 2010 at 7:53 AM , Anonymous Sweet Freak said...

I would like to change my kitchen every year! There are too many cute & cool styles... so much inspiration... how do you commit to just one??

 
At June 29, 2010 at 8:37 AM , Blogger THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Absolutely a farm sink! Oh I have such dreams for a kitchen that is larger than a closet {i live in a small NYC apartment so that's my reality...} One day, one day :)

 
At June 29, 2010 at 10:27 AM , Blogger Welcome said...

My dream kitchen would look very similar to your second image with touches of yellow, red and black....It would be a cross between farmhouse chic (as you so wonderfully named it) and modern.. I love kitchens..

XOXO
Kiki

 
At June 29, 2010 at 8:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, this is right up my alley! I love a light, bright country kitchen, and hope to remodel mine someday to reflect these lovely styles!

 
At June 30, 2010 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Pauline Wiles said...

If you tend to cook along with somebody else, then a second sink is actually quite useful. I'm not sure I'd want 2 that size though!
Having lived with a TINY London kitchen for 7 years, I'm just thrilled to have a dishwasher and room for a few gadgets. The fridge with ice maker is a good friend too :)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home