The Simply Luxurious Life®: Strawberry Crush  

June 18, 2010

Strawberry Crush

 
On a Friday, the perfect way to greet the weekend for me is with what I like to call a Strawberry Delish (or Strawberry Daquiri if you want to add some rum).  The perfect combination of fresh fruit, sugar and crunch, and let me tell you, your drink (like the one you see above) will be finished before you know it.  (As soon as I took this photo, the drink was in my tummy in a matter of minutes). Here’s the recipe.

Strawberry Delish

Ingredients:

8-10 fresh strawberries (topped and sliced in half if extra large)
1/2 can of pink lemonade (frozen or liquid)
1/2 cup sugar
16 ice cubes (or one full ice cube tray)
1/4 cup of water

Directions:

1. In a blender, combine strawberries, lemonade, sugar and 1/8 cup a water.  Blend until smooth.

2. Add the ice cubes and remaining 1/8 cup of water.  Blend until smooth.

3. Pour and enjoy!

With drink in hand, I took a stroll around my yard and snapped a few photos to share (one of my neighbors thought I looked a little too happy or maybe they were just envious because I was ending my day and they had to go to work):
 
 
My lavender just began blooming.  Oh, how I wish it would look like this for more than a few weeks.
 
 
One of the pots on my porch filled with impatiens and purple sweet potato vines – the perfect shade combination.
 
 
My sage literally runneth over my herb garden’s walls and I love it.  One of my neighbors recently told me that when she walks by, she grabs a leaf and just takes in its aroma for a block or two.  I say, go for it!

Now, I must go back and pour myself another glass!  Enjoy your Friday!
 
All images courtesy of Simply Luxurious.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At June 18, 2010 at 4:27 PM , Blogger Hal E. Liebling said...

I'm totally making these tomorrow! Thanks! xo

HALCOHOLIC.com

 
At June 18, 2010 at 4:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This looks great, I'm making one last run to the market for the week and will pick up the ingredients. Hoping this will work with vodka{?} Anyway, wishing you a wonderful weekend and am envious that you've already started yours--mine begins within the hour!
xo Mary Jo

 
At June 18, 2010 at 4:51 PM , Blogger Pauline Wiles said...

Your lavender is amazing. And I quite like the look of your drink, too :)

 
At June 18, 2010 at 5:59 PM , Blogger Alexandria ♥ said...

Wow,
your plants look really nice, Lady : )
Do you dry your lavender?

 
At June 18, 2010 at 6:16 PM , Blogger Bring Pretty Back said...

The cocktail looks delish! What a beautiful way to end your day . I bet your neighbors were jealous!
Your plants look great!

 
At June 18, 2010 at 10:34 PM , Blogger sapphirewhisper said...

Yummy! What a nice treat. I will definitely be making some.

 
At June 18, 2010 at 11:37 PM , Blogger Barbara von Enger said...

Love strawberries as you know from my recent post. This summer drink is perfect on a hot summer day. I adore sage by the way. It's nice as a tea and also as a herb. Happy weekend;-)

 
At June 20, 2010 at 12:43 AM , Blogger No Stranger to Different said...

I most definitely will have to try the Strawberry Delish, it looks like my ideal drink!
Haha I've always wanted to say something such as that ("I was ending my day and they had to go to work")
Your garden looks beautiful =] One of the herb aromas that I can't seem to get enough of would be probably basil... idk about you?

- Sierra :: http://hellofresh-meetquirky.blogspot.com/

 
At June 22, 2010 at 1:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh I love fruity cocktails - yes I'd have it with rum :-) - I'm not surprised your neighbour was jealous! Love your blog, am following!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home