The Simply Luxurious Life®: Mirror Magic  

May 11, 2010

Mirror Magic

Mirror, mirror, on the wall, show me my

most beautiful look of all.

Mirrors really can do magic when it comes to home decor.  By enlarging a room, bringing in extra light or adding a touch of conversation and whimsy, the possibilities a mirror can provide to an otherwise simple decor are truly impressive. 

One mirror I have collected over the years was made from an early twentieth century oblong diamond paned window that was removed from my rental apartment on the Nob Hill in Portland.  My mother, who is always thinking of creative ideas, suggested I ask the contractor to save the window – which he thankfully did – and turn it into a mirror.  This piece has since greeted my guests as they enter my home and most likely always will no matter where I live.   It brings back so many memories of a time I truly enjoyed and could not have been simply purchased in a store.

Enough chit chat, let’s get to the mirrors.  I’ve included images of mirrors used in a variety of different rooms in a home.  Have a look.  I would love to know what your most creative use of a mirror has been in your decorating experience.  Enjoy!

 

 

Images: (0) Decor Pad(3) House Beautiful (4)  Martha Moments (5) The Buzz (6) Elle Decor (7) Decor Pad (8) Decor Pad (9) Decor Pad (10) Decor Pad (11) House Beautiful –Christina Rottman (12) Decor Pad (13) Living Etc!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At May 11, 2010 at 4:20 AM , Blogger Fabulously French said...

Love the mirrors, all are gorgeous.

Leeann x

 
At May 11, 2010 at 7:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures! I like most picture number 9, this is how my room could look like. I don't have that much mirror decoration experience, but
I have a big one, where I can see my hole body, to check my outfits before leaving the house. Most mirror just show your image until the knees, but what is an outfit without shoes? ^^
How much mirrors do you have in your whole house/apartment?

xoxo Sandra
http://glamirrorous.com

 
At May 11, 2010 at 9:48 AM , Blogger A Casa da Vá said...

I love mirrors, specially the antique looking ones. I have 2 that were great finds at flea markets but haven;t hang them yet!

 
At May 11, 2010 at 10:25 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At May 11, 2010 at 10:29 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

Wow, they are all so beautiful, its hard to choose a favorite! Thanks so much for your comment yesterday. I'm sure we would have a ton of great stories to share! HAve a great week!

 
At May 11, 2010 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Barbara von Enger said...

I adore antique mirrors. My house is decorated with antique mirrors, too!

 
At May 12, 2010 at 2:01 AM , Blogger Precilla said...

These rooms are amazing! I inherited an antiek mirror from my grandmother. It's really beautiful. it gives such a peaceful and serenity feeling to my room. It really feels like her gentleness is surrounding my room and protecting it.

www.fashionartexpression.com

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home