The Simply Luxurious Life®: Spring Spruce Up!  

May 6, 2010

Spring Spruce Up!

This upcoming weekend is one that I look forward to every year.  Now depending upon the weather, it may fall earlier or later during spring, but the weekend I am referring to involves the initial start to the energizing of my front porch.  By way of annual-filled containers and ceramic pots, hanging baskets, the building of my herb garden and adding a few new perennials here and there, this weekend always seems to lift my spirits. 

On my list this weekend:

*An iron trellis for my three-year-old climbing rose from Heirloom Roses

*A few more hostas – one of my favorite perennials that I can’t seem to get enough of – so lush and full.

*Combinations of annuals for my ceramic pots – maybe some creeping jenny, sweet potato vines, coleus, begonias or petunias.

*I can’t forget to pick up some of my favorite herbs – basil and Italian parsley.

Phew!  I have a feeling that will keep me busy for my Saturday.  After all of that work, I have a feeling I’ll be reaching for a cozy seat on the porch with my loyal companions, a fresh, new magazine and a sweet treat. 

Here’s hoping all goes well!

Images: (1)  The Inspired Room (2) My Home Ideas (3) Source (4) White Flower Farm (5) White Flower Farm (6) Sunset magazine (7) Source (8) Source (9) Flickr (10) Glam Nest

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At May 6, 2010 at 6:10 AM , Blogger Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous post, darling!
Love all those flowers!

xoxox,
CC

 
At May 6, 2010 at 9:17 AM , Blogger Lorrie said...

You have an ambitious weekend coming up. Just think of the delight when you finally sit down on your porch and enjoy it all. It's sure to be just beautiful!

 
At February 11, 2013 at 2:35 AM , Anonymous Jenny said...

Wonderful pictures! Your flower arrangements are amazing :)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home