The Simply Luxurious Life®: Cups of Tea 5/9 – 5/15  

May 16, 2010

Cups of Tea 5/9 – 5/15

Is it Sunday already?  Time surely does fly when you are enjoying your weekend, doesn’t it?  I hope this weekend has allowed you some time to take those things in you love and reenergize for the week ahead.  There’s nothing like being primed and ready for a full and busy five days of work and routine. 

This past week has brought some wonderful new readers to Simply Luxurious, as well as some amazing and generous comments by readers old and new.  Thank you for making me smile with your kindness, as well as your lovely tweets.  I am encouraged repeatedly with your words.

This week’s Cups of Tea includes inspiration that I think will speak to you, images that your eyes will just want to take in and savor, as well as a comfort food recipe.  Do you have your hot beverage of choice yet?  Well, if you can, grab a cup and a tasty treat and take some time to browse.   As always, thank you for stopping by.

1. DVF at Home

Diane von Furstenberg’s home line is on the verge of being released, and thanks to Heather Clawson of Habitually Chic, who shared images of Diane’s home in Connecticut which is aptly named Cloudwalk, I have no doubt that what will be offered will be fabulous.  Have a look at her home by clicking on the header above or the image below.  To receive updates from DVF herself, click here to follow her tweets.

 

2. Lessons on Life 

Ralph Waldo Emerson, famous transcendentalist and American writer, was one of the first American literary authors who grabbed my attention as I began to discover my love for literature.  His musings on simplicity, appreciation of nature and self-discovery removed from society’s grasp, are something I still appreciate.  In fact, part of my first dog’s name was Emerson (okay, so my dogs are my children, I’ll admit it.) As a guest blogger on Life Optimizer,  Josh Lipovetsky of Film Insight shares some of Emerson’s most inspiring quotes and some impressive insight regarding their meaning that caused me to nod my head in agreement.  Have a look by clicking on the heading above or the image below. 

 

3. A Collection of Luxury

A blog that is absolutely beautiful and easy on the eyes regularly displays images of fashion and decor that leave me gawking This week on {this is glamorous} I found a collection of images that she found charming, and I have to agree with her.  Take a peek and see if you agree.

 

4. Oreo Cookies

Comfort food sometimes comes disguised as a cookie in my life, and while I don’t find myself purchasing Oreos in the store, I most definitely would be open to making my own.  The cream cheese filling alone has me pulling out my Kitchen Aid mixer.  On Whatever Dee Dee Wants you will find a collection of recipes from fellow readers.  This particular recipe was contributed by Julie of  Julie’s Food Love.  I think she might be on to something!

 

5. Yes You Can!

My motivation at the beginning of the week was encouraged a bit by Paloma Contreras of La Dolce Vita.   Simple and to the point, this quote is a reminder that it is up to us to create the life we want, and we must be willing to put in the effort it will require.  Are you willing?

Images: (1) We Heart It (3) Yay Everyday

3 Comments:

At May 16, 2010 at 7:01 AM , Blogger Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

DVF's home is amazing!

Thanks for sharing the ore cookies. They are quite yummy!

 
At May 16, 2010 at 7:38 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Whatever Dee-Dee wants - my pleasure! Happy to have found your website and this recipe. =)

 
At May 21, 2010 at 9:03 AM , Anonymous {g} said...

thanks so much for including me in this lovely round-up and for your lovely comments :)

{p.s.} just realized that the press on the advertising page for my site is a bit confusing -- rebecca robertson is the decorating deputy editor for martha stewart . . .

thanks again! xo

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home