The Simply Luxurious Life®: Soaking in Luxury  

April 27, 2010

Soaking in Luxury



The need to stop time, or at least slow it down, is something that a luxurious soak in a bathtub seems to accomplish.  There is nothing quite like drawing a warm bubble bath, dimming the lights or lighting candles, and letting your worries subside while you relax in a room focused on pampering the occupant.  I have been meaning to make time for such an experience these last few days and look forward to the mood it will lull me into once I finally find time to do it.

For today’s Rooms of Inspiration, enjoy looking over the luxurious bathtubs I have compiled for you.  Which one can you imagine yourself taking a few moments in at some point during your busy day?  And what are your necessary ingredients to making bath time a complete experience?  I can’t wait to hear.  Have a lovely Tuesday.

Letting your troubles melt away and escaping into your own world, if only for a few moments, is most definitely something to schedule time for during our harried and frazzled lives. Won’t you make time for it?

Images: (1) - The Bella Life (2) - Sharon Scrapbook (3) - Elle Decor - designed by Robert Couturier (4) - Castle Gibson (5) - Elle Decor designed by George Yabu and Glenn Pushelberg (6) – Decorno (7) - Patricia Gray (8) - According to Lia (9) - Elle Decor designed by Italian decorators Laura Sartori Rimini and Roberto Peregalli (10) - Decor Pad (11) - Decor Pad (12) - Decor Pad (13) - Simplified Bee (14) - Source

Labels: , , ,

15 Comments:

At April 27, 2010 at 5:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baths are a beautiful thing...I see myself in the rustic room with the fireplace. I love coming in from an outdoor workout, or riding, chilled to the bone, then thawing in a steaming tub. It's a moment to myself - no phones, computer, tv or any other 'noise'. Give me a stack of new magazines
or a great book to read while I soak, and it's nirvana. Thanks for a beautiful post!

 
At April 27, 2010 at 5:25 AM , Blogger Couture Carrie said...

What gorgeous bathrooms!
Especially loving the one with the fireplace!

xoxox,
CC

 
At April 27, 2010 at 5:31 AM , Blogger Sheryl said...

I love the bathroom with the fire place and the one that looks out into the woods.

Stopping by from SITS, your comment was right above mine. I love your blog.

Have a great day.

 
At April 27, 2010 at 5:33 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Kelly - your depiction sounds lovely - a bath is such a treat after being outside or working the body to exhaustion.

 
At April 27, 2010 at 5:36 AM , Anonymous Teresa @ Red Velvet Confections said...

Seriously, a soak in a tub beside a beautiful fire sounds heavenly. Soft jazz, gently scented bubbles glistening in a candle lit room and a glass of white wine....Divine!

 
At April 27, 2010 at 5:40 AM , Blogger The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Teresa - that sounds amazing. Can't forget the wine and jazz. My favorites as well. =)

 
At April 27, 2010 at 8:16 AM , Blogger Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Gorgeous bathrooms! Perfect places to relax, escape and recharge.

 
At April 27, 2010 at 10:59 AM , Blogger Fifi Flowers said...

There is nothing like soaking in a tub... le sigh!

 
At April 27, 2010 at 12:13 PM , Blogger House of Design & Style said...

You are so right, baths are the best! I need to take baths more often, just so hard to find the time!

 
At April 27, 2010 at 2:13 PM , Blogger A Casa da Vá said...

these are not just bathroom, that is a bath experience - i so wish i could have that!
so how am i supposed to go back home and live with my plain bathroom?

 
At April 27, 2010 at 5:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

ohh my I so need a long bubble bath after this fabulous post!!! hope you are having a beautiful week darling!!

 
At April 27, 2010 at 6:38 PM , Blogger A 2 Z said...

HI,

Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday. I really appreciate it. I love those pictures of the precious bathrooms/spas. I could see myself spending a lot of time in there. I love big deep tubs1

Anne-Marie

 
At April 28, 2010 at 1:37 PM , Blogger myvogue said...

you just made me dream about the end of my working day and a hot bubble bath. Thanks for the inspiration :)

 
At April 29, 2010 at 3:46 PM , Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

Pretty bathrooms! The first and last images are my favorite...ahh...there is nothing like a bubble bath after a crazy day. It's certainly one of my favorite ways to relax, as well...

 
At May 19, 2010 at 11:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to take a bath in the bathroom in picture number five and then I don't need anything else, because the nature outside would entertain and relax me enough. Otherwise I would set candles alight, listen to music, drink sparkling wine and read a good book, but I prefer more the first idea. In this bathtub you just can let your thoughts go!
Your pictures reminded me how much I miss a tub here in Brazil!

xoxo Sandra
http://glamirrorous.com

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Simply Luxurious Life. Please take this opportunity to share a comment that is either positive, constructive or contributes and elevates the conversation. The Simply Luxurious Life reserves the right to restrict comments that are mean-spirited, contain profanity or personal attacks, or intend merely to promote a personal or unrelated business. All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by TSLL. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home